Can't Update or Install/Uninstall Silverlight

PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net

      21st Feb 2010
Microsoft says I need some updates to Silverlight. I can't use the
updates (error code 64C), I can't uninstall or Install it (the feature
you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.) What
should I do?

Peter Foldes

      21st Feb 2010

Download it manually from Microsoft Downloads and install
http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight...all.aspx?v=2.0
--
Peter

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Microsoft says I need some updates to Silverlight. I can't use the
> updates (error code 64C), I can't uninstall or Install it (the feature
> you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.) What
> should I do?

Ǝиçεl

      22nd Feb 2010

How to manually clean up a bяoken installation

<Have you seen:

<http://blogs.msdn.com/rpomeroy/archive/2008/06/10/how-to-manually-clean-up-a-bad-silverlight-installation.aspx>

-=-

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Microsoft says I need some updates to Silverlight. I can't use the
> updates (error code 64C), I can't uninstall or Install it (the feature
> you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.) What
> should I do?
> .

Genevieve

      24th Feb 2010
On Feb 21, 11:58*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Microsoft says I need some updates to Silverlight. *I can't use the
> updates (error code 64C), I can't uninstall or Install it (the feature
> you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.) What
> should I do?

Ok, here is what to do Step by Step,

1. Click Start
2. Go to Settings Go to Control Panel if you have Windows Vista
3. Click Control Panel
4. Click (Add or Remove Programs) if you have Windows XP
OR
Click (Programs and Features) if you have Windows Vista (Wait for
the list to load, may take a
while)
5. Now in the list look for Microsoft Silverlight to that then Click
on it
6. Click Remove, Uninstall (whichever it says)
7. Then a window should pop up; just follow the instructions to remove
it from you there...
8.... There you have it!

If that fails for whatever reason mainly due to a corrupt file(s) or
extension(s) you can try Microsoft support page here at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175#top

Try that and see how you go if not for whatever reason and you still
cannot uninstall Microsoft Silverlight you may have to look for a
third party uninstaller like Revo or Perfect Uninstaller.

Heres the link for Revo its Free as far as I know
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

and heres the other link for Perfect Uninstaller this is not Free
though and it could cost you between $30-$40 This guy did a bit of
write up about some of the problems with Silverlight and placed some
images and links to the software download etc...

www.squidoo.com/uninstallsilverlight

Cheers and good luck with it,

Genevieve

Genevieve

      24th Feb 2010
On Feb 24, 2:12*pm, Genevieve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [...]

7. Then a window should pop up; just follow the instructions to remove
it from you there...
8.... There you have it!

If that fails for whatever reason mainly due to a corrupt file(s) or
extension(s) you can try Microsoft support page here at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555175#top

Try that and see how you go if not for whatever reason and you still
cannot uninstall Microsoft Silverlight you may have to look for a
third party uninstaller like Revo or Perfect Uninstaller .

Heres the link for Revo its Free as far as I know
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

and heres the other link for Perfect Uninstaller this is not Free
though and it could cost you between $30-$40 This guy did a bit of
write up about some of the problems with Silverlight and placed some
images and links to the software download etc...

http://www.squidoo.com/uninstallsilverlight

Cheers and good luck,

Genevieve

New Member

      19th Aug 2011
Several times windows users face installation and uninstallation problem due to complex windows applications and limitations of add/remove program applet. If you are getting this type of problem then it may be possible that you are trying to uninstall a application that has been used for long time and very large files. In any such situation, it is recommended to use professional perfect uninstallation windows application. It will surely help you to remove any windows application easily.