Can't Uncheck "Use DDE"

KIR

      11th May 2008
Using XP SP3, OE 6.00.2900.5512 (XPSP 080413-2105)

When I go to My Computer/tools/folder options/file types/(none) URL hyper
text transfer protocol/advanced/edit/use DDE, and uncheck the box I then
click OK/OK/close, but the box remains checked when I go back to it. The
apply button is grayed out. The same situation applies to URL hyper text
transfer protocol with privacy.

After installing SP3 I found that the only way to get the hyper links in
email messages in OE to work was to uncheck the DDE box. The problem is they
don't stay unchecked. Can someone help me correct this? Thanks.

--
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
- Sir Winston Churchill

CBuHKa

      14th May 2008
same problem, how to solve it?

Allan

      18th May 2008

"KIR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using XP SP3, OE 6.00.2900.5512 (XPSP 080413-2105)
>
> When I go to My Computer/tools/folder options/file types/(none) URL hyper
> text transfer protocol/advanced/edit/use DDE, and uncheck the box I then
> click OK/OK/close, but the box remains checked when I go back to it. The
> apply button is grayed out. The same situation applies to URL hyper text
> transfer protocol with privacy.
>
> After installing SP3 I found that the only way to get the hyper links in
> email messages in OE to work was to uncheck the DDE box. The problem is
> they don't stay unchecked. Can someone help me correct this? Thanks.

I don't know but I can suggest as a possible workaround to disable the
"Network DDE" service?

--
Allan