Can't send Yahoo plus mail with Window Mail only Recieve mail

sillykajn

      15th Dec 2008
I set up my yahoo Plus Account using Window mail since there is no Outlook
on my laptop, I can receive mail from my Yahoo Plus account but it won't let
me send mail . i tried changing the "Outgoing server (SMTP), change port 25
to 587 still won't work.

i tried changing the "Outgoing server (SMTP), change port 25 to 110 still
won't work.

i tried changing the "Outgoing server (SMTP), change port 25 to 465 still
won't work.

inactivity. Subject 'Lizzy', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server:
'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 timeout
(#4.4.4)', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 451, Error Number:
0x800CCC0F

Gary VanderMolen

      15th Dec 2008
Your settings (port 465 with SSL) are good. Which antivirus do you have?
That type of problem is usually caused by interference from a non-
compatible antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)