cant send e-mail

Adriana Caceres

      13th Aug 2008
The host '(E-Mail Removed)' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'P/T - Bilingual Recruitment Coordinator (Bronx/ Brainbridge
area)', Account: '(E-Mail Removed)', Server: '(E-Mail Removed)',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0D

Gary VanderMolen

      13th Aug 2008
You have entered an incorrect server name, but that is not the only
problem.
US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP
access. Windows Mail does not handle webmail.
There are three possible solutions:

1. How did you access Yahoo mail before? If you are happy with
webmail via your browser, you can continue to use that.

2. Pay Yahoo to get their premium "Mail Plus" service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...iew/index.html
and use the special settings for that service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-14.html

3. Another option is called YPOPs. It is free, but requires some technical
knowledge to implement:
http://ypopsemail.com/documentation/...dows-live-mail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Adriana Caceres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:OFWDIvW$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The host '(E-Mail Removed)' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have entered the server name correctly.
> Subject 'P/T - Bilingual Recruitment Coordinator (Bronx/ Brainbridge
> area)', Account: '(E-Mail Removed)', Server: '(E-Mail Removed)',
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0D

Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

      13th Aug 2008
You're receiving this error because '(E-Mail Removed)' is NOT a
correct server name. Assuming you have a Yahoo Mail Plus account (which you
must have if you wish to use Windows Mail with a Yahoo account), this page
should have the correct server names and settings:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-08.html
POP Yahoo! Mail Plus with Microsoft Outlook Express

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)