can't save images from the net

=?Utf-8?B?V29sZiBTaWx2ZXJNb29u?=

      26th Jun 2004
Every time I try to save an image off the internet it seems to save fine, but as soon as I try to open it it tells me "this is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported" I get the same response no matter if I save it as a .bmp, or a .jpg, or .art. The only one that has worked is .png but I very rarely get that option. Is there a way to fix this?

NoNoBadDog!

      26th Jun 2004
Yes. Get rid of AOL...get it all off your computer and get a REAL ISP that
will not hijack your computer and your system files.

Bobby

"Wolf SilverMoon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every time I try to save an image off the internet it seems to save fine,
> but as soon as I try to open it it tells me "this is not a valid bitmap
> file, or its format is not currently supported" I get the same response
> no matter if I save it as a .bmp, or a .jpg, or .art. The only one that
> has worked is .png but I very rarely get that option. Is there a way to
> fix this?

Glenn Randers-Pehrson

      26th Jun 2004
"NoNoBadDog!" <mysocks_bjsledge_AT_pixi.com> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Yes. Get rid of AOL...get it all off your computer and get a REAL ISP that
> will not hijack your computer and your system files.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Wolf SilverMoon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Every time I try to save an image off the internet it seems to save fine,
> > but as soon as I try to open it it tells me "this is not a valid bitmap
> > file, or its format is not currently supported" I get the same response
> > no matter if I save it as a .bmp, or a .jpg, or .art. The only one that
> > has worked is .png but I very rarely get that option. Is there a way to
> > fix this?

Getting rid of AOL isn't too bad of an idea, but if you want to keep it,
turn off the "compress images for faster download" or similar feature in
your AOL software. In fact all of your BMP and JPEG images are being
converted to ART. After you turn off the feature, all of your images will
look better and you will be able to save them in their proper formats.

Glenn