Can't run War and Peace 1796-1814

mikheil via WindowsKB.com

      20th Jun 2007
Hi. i got this game and it installed fine but no matter what i do i cant
start i.
If somebody knows please help. i got 7600 gt video card and all the latest
drivers and windows updates. i press play and i won't start

Thomas Kuck

      21st Jun 2007
Does anything happen at all? If not, go to the installation folder and
click on the exe file direct. Sometimes the shortcuts are faulty.

Thomas Kuck wrote:
>Does anything happen at all? If not, go to the installation folder and
>click on the exe file direct. Sometimes the shortcuts are faulty.
>
>> Hi. i got this game and it installed fine but no matter what i do i cant
>> start i.
>> If somebody knows please help. i got 7600 gt video card and all the latest
>> drivers and windows updates. i press play and i won't start

i clicked Autoplay in the folder itself. nothing Tom. Its common problem
for some people with this game but i am suprised i cant find too much stuff
about this issue on the net that could help me.

Thomas Kuck

      22nd Jun 2007
Sometime these 'launchers' (or autoplay for that matter) are faulty.
They usually point to another exe file within that folder. If there are
other files, try them.

mikheil via WindowsKB.com wrote:
> Thomas Kuck wrote:
>
>> Does anything happen at all? If not, go to the installation folder and
>> click on the exe file direct. Sometimes the shortcuts are faulty.
>>

>>> Hi. i got this game and it installed fine but no matter what i do i cant
>>> start i.
>>> If somebody knows please help. i got 7600 gt video card and all the latest
>>> drivers and windows updates. i press play and i won't start
>>>

> i clicked Autoplay in the folder itself. nothing Tom. Its common problem
> for some people with this game but i am suprised i cant find too much stuff
> about this issue on the net that could help me.

mikheil via WindowsKB.com

      23rd Jun 2007
Nah. nothing works man. i clicked all that is clickable in that folder.
How about you do have this parody of a game too ?

Thomas Kuck

      23rd Jun 2007
Try downloading and installing the patch from this site:
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/warpeace/downloads/

Thomas Kuck wrote:
>Try downloading and installing the patch from this site:
>http://www.3dgamers.com/games/warpeace/downloads/
>
>> Nah. nothing works man. i clicked all that is clickable in that folder.
>> How about you do have this parody of a game too ?

i alrady installed this patch man. i will do it again for the sake of it.
it suck that there no support for this game for Metroids.

Thomas Kuck

      23rd Jun 2007
Have you tried the Compatibility Way? Seems the game is a couple of
years old. And sorry, but I don't have the game. Was it a download or do
you have a disk?

mikheil via WindowsKB.com wrote:
> Thomas Kuck wrote:
>
>> Try downloading and installing the patch from this site:
>> http://www.3dgamers.com/games/warpeace/downloads/
>>

>>> Nah. nothing works man. i clicked all that is clickable in that folder.
>>> How about you do have this parody of a game too ?
>>>

> i alrady installed this patch man. i will do it again for the sake of it.
> it suck that there no support for this game for Metroids.

mikheil via WindowsKB.com

      23rd Jun 2007
Copatability way? you mean right click>properties>compatability>95, 98,
whatever?
ye i tried that Tom. Nothing works. i have this game on a brand new cd,
legal copy of a game, but i suspect that it may be cd- rom copy protection
that won't allow me to run a game. its just a guess . Patch did no good

Thomas Kuck

      24th Jun 2007
You have to *INSTALL* the game in compatibility as well. Create a
shortcut to the install program, set it to compatibility and install.
Afterwards set the shortcut for the game also to compatibility.