Can't open MSWMM's made on Vista into W7 MMaker

Bad Karma

      28th Jan 2010

Ok so I created 31 projects and published them into .wmv's.

I got a new W7 box and cannot open these mswmm projects in order to edit my
movies.

What is the fix for this and why does Microsoft create such problems?

John Inzer

      29th Jan 2010
Bad Karma wrote:
> Ok so I created 31 projects and published them into .wmv's.
>
> I got a new W7 box and cannot open these mswmm projects in order to
> edit my movies.
>
> What is the fix for this and why does Microsoft create such problems?

====================================
Windows Live Movie Maker (the one you can
install on Win 7) has issues with earlier .mswmm
project files because it doesn't include some of
the transitions and effects that are needed.

The best bet would be to install an older verison
of Movie Maker on 7 and use it to edit your older
..mswmm project files. And...of course...you will
need all of your original source files.

The following links may offer some useful info:

Windows Movie Maker in Windows 7
http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/...les/22658.aspx

5 Versions of Windows Movie Maker Running On Windows 7
http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/...les/25282.aspx

Windows 7 - Editing with XP's Movie Maker 2.1... but in Windows 7
http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/...les/28935.aspx

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience