can't make straight connectors in a flowchart

=?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWc=?=

      22nd Oct 2005
does anyone know how to get straight lines between objects in a flow chart,
i've tried to alter the height of the objects to make the lines straight, but
adjustments are not fine enough as shown.

http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1129979415.JPG

Echo S

      22nd Oct 2005
Try selecting two of the objects and using the Align tool. It's under
Draw|Align or Distribute.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

"Craig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does anyone know how to get straight lines between objects in a flow

chart,
> i've tried to alter the height of the objects to make the lines straight,

but
> adjustments are not fine enough as shown.
>
> http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1129979415.JPG

Chirag

      22nd Oct 2005
You might want to try ProTools for PowerPoint add-in from
http://officeone.mvps.org/protools/protools.html. It's Shape Properties
toolbar allows you to make fine-grained adjustments to the shape easily. Use
it to set the heights of the objects on the slide.

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

"Craig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does anyone know how to get straight lines between objects in a flow
> chart,
> i've tried to alter the height of the objects to make the lines straight,
> but
> adjustments are not fine enough as shown.
>
> http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1129979415.JPG

New Member

      12th Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWc=?= View Post
does anyone know how to get straight lines between objects in a flow chart,
i've tried to alter the height of the objects to make the lines straight, but
adjustments are not fine enough as shown.

http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1129979415.JPG
Did you ever get a satisfactory reply to this? I'm having the exact same problem (I think). Here's my issue: I have two objects that have the exact same height (0.92 inches), and the tops of these objects are all at the same vertical position on the slide (4.01 inches). I know the objects are the exact same size because I duplicated the first to make the second (selected the first object, did the Ctrl-D thing....).

You would presume, then, that a connector line drawn from the middle of the right side of the object on the left to the middle of the left side of the object on the right would be a nice, straight, even line. And, yes, the connector line is anchored, meaning both connector handles have turned red.

SO WHY IS THERE AN OBVIOUS STEP DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FRICKIN' CONNECTOR??????

Yes, I've also aligned the objects. Aligned top. no change. Aligned middle, no change. Aligned bottom, no change.

Thanks.