can't import Outlook Express email messages

nmc

      14th Dec 2003
I used the import feature to import messages, email
folders, and addresses from Outlook Express to Outlook.
The addresses and folders imported. The email did not. In
other words the folders in Outlook are still empty.

Any suggestions?

Roady

      15th Dec 2003
How big is your pst-file?
Also; try to do an Export form within Outlook Express.

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

Questions of the month:
-Color Code Your E-Mail Advanced
-Add Sound To Your E-mail

Subscribe to the newsletter!
www.sparnaaij.net

-----
"nmc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05a001c3c257$186b89f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I used the import feature to import messages, email
> folders, and addresses from Outlook Express to Outlook.
> The addresses and folders imported. The email did not. In
> other words the folders in Outlook are still empty.
>
> Any suggestions?

nmc

      16th Dec 2003
The export from OUtlook Express works smoothly. I have
tried selecting "All" and see the % bar run as the 46
messages export. (I also tried exporting just one folder,
too).

Then, I switch to Outlook, click File>import and export. I
select the last option "Internet Mail and Addresses". Then
I click only the Internet Mail radio button (because the
addresses imported correctly). When I click OK, the
process ends abruptly with the box showing "0 of 0
messages imported".