can't have more than one internet site open at a time.

=?Utf-8?B?c2ltb25l?=

      13th Dec 2005
I have the internet explorer icon (version 6) on my desktop. Previously i
could have various different internet sites open at the same time (ie google
on one, my hotmail on another, and ebay on another). Simply by clicking on
internet explorer desktop icon, it would then go to my home page (msn) and
then i would enter the internet address i wanted and it would go to the site
i wanted, I then minimised the page of the site i had (for example
hotmail), and then clicked on the I.E. desktop icon again. I could then for
example switch between the different sites by minimising/maximising the
windows.

Now, for some reason, each time i click on internet explorer icon it takes
me away from the site i have minimised (ie google) and to the home page i
have set up (msn) , so I can only visit one site at a time.

Please can someone tell me step by step how i can rectify this. It must be
something to do with the settings, but to my knowledge i haven't changed
anything. It is a pain, as I can't keep pages open and can only have one web
page/search open at a time.

I can't read my email/look at ebay/search a different subject
simultaneously. Hope this is clear.

thanks. Simone.

Don Varnau

      13th Dec 2005
Hi,
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse windows
for launching shortcuts."

And... you may have a toolbar or program running which is blocking
pop-up windows- something like Yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar,
etc.
The Yahoo toolbar is a very common cause. Uninstalling the Yahoo toolbar
should allow a second window to open.

If you're sure that another program isn't causing this, these links should
help.
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm Tips #21 & 46
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/26.html
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/27.html
- -
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"simone" <simone[at]discussions.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have the internet explorer icon (version 6) on my desktop. Previously i
> could have various different internet sites open at the same time (ie

google
> on one, my hotmail on another, and ebay on another). Simply by clicking on
> internet explorer desktop icon, it would then go to my home page (msn) and
> then i would enter the internet address i wanted and it would go to the

site
> i wanted, I then minimised the page of the site i had (for example
> hotmail), and then clicked on the I.E. desktop icon again. I could then

for
> example switch between the different sites by minimising/maximising the
> windows.
>
> Now, for some reason, each time i click on internet explorer icon it takes
> me away from the site i have minimised (ie google) and to the home page i
> have set up (msn) , so I can only visit one site at a time.
>
> Please can someone tell me step by step how i can rectify this. It must be
> something to do with the settings, but to my knowledge i haven't changed
> anything. It is a pain, as I can't keep pages open and can only have one

web
> page/search open at a time.
>
> I can't read my email/look at ebay/search a different subject
> simultaneously. Hope this is clear.
>
> thanks. Simone.

=?Utf-8?B?c2ltb25l?=

      13th Dec 2005
Thats brilliant . Thankyou. I found out my daughter had downloaded the Yahoo
toolbar and as soon as i removed it the problem dissappeared!