I can't edit data in Access from an Excel linked table

=?Utf-8?B?SnVhbiBJZ25hY2lv?=

      14th Jul 2007
I have linked an Excel sheet into Access and I am not able to edit the data I
see.

The Excel worksheet is NOT read-only, off course.
In the Tools/Securitu/Macros menu, the level is low
In the Tools/Security/Permissions I have all the permission for this table

Ken Snell \(MVP\)

      14th Jul 2007
These updates disabled the ability to update linked EXCEL spreadsheets when
you use ACCESS 2002 or ACCESS 2003:

Office XP
KB904018, dated October 18, 2005. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904018

Office 2003
SP2. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953/en-us

This feature has been disabled for legal reasons. Microsoft's own words:
"Because of legal issues, Microsoft has disabled the functionality in Access
2003 and in Access 2002 that let users change the data in linked tables that
point to a range in an Excel workbook." Microsoft lost a legal case
(lawsuit)
involving a person who claimed a patent on the feature.

These changes did not affect ACCESS 2000 or ACCESS 97.
--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Juan Ignacio" <Juan http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have linked an Excel sheet into Access and I am not able to edit the data
> see.
>
> The Excel worksheet is NOT read-only, off course.
> In the Tools/Securitu/Macros menu, the level is low
> In the Tools/Security/Permissions I have all the permission for this table

Member

      15th Jul 2007
Ken,

I had an Excel link to an Access table using Access 2003 a few jobs ago, and I did most of my data editing in Access. What exactly are you referring to??

I guess you're saying that the problem is the automatic update feature for windows, right?? If you're on the highest setting, you never get a message as to when updates are being downloaded...case in point, that might be dangerous.