can't associate FrontPage with htm and html files

Craig Schiller

      21st Mar 2010
I don't think you're listening. Open Front Page. Open the page from
within Front Page. Does that work?

Craig

anna wrote:

> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> When you open FP can you open a htm or html file then?
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web

> I had to associate all htm and html files with Dreamweaver to be able
> to work on any web page. I did try to open the web page using FP but
> it just opens Dreamweaver.

anna

      21st Mar 2010
"Craig Schiller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uV%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't think you're listening. Open Front Page. Open the page from within
>Front Page. Does that work?
>
> Craig
>
> anna wrote:
>

>>> When you open FP can you open a htm or html file then?

I am listening, that is just what I did, but it opened my other editor,
Dreamweaver. From withing Front Page. If it was a simple issue I would not
be in here asking for help.

--
@nna

anna

      22nd Mar 2010
Problem #1 solved. Itr is now associated properly.

I uninstalled Front Page 2003 again, this time I ran CCleaner. I removed
issues that had to do with Front Page files left behind, and also some
issues identified as Open With something or other.

Then I ran Reg Edit and ran a search for Front Page. [I backed up the
registry of course] I deleted all keys that pointed to Front Page 2003 in
Program Files. That was where I installed Front Page in a stand alone
folder.

When I reinstalled Front Page, just now, I allowed it to install under
Program files, Office. I set the Internet Options Editor to Front Page.

I then changed the file association in default programs from Internet
Explorer to Front Page. Front Page Icon went into the default program list
easily this time

Aparently there were registry keys that said one thing, and I wanted it to
behave differently.

However, when I open Front Page, the Windows Installer that says "Installing
Front Page Office Feature". When that closes, Front Page opens with the web
page I clicked on. Any idea what is causing Windows Installer to activate
when I open a Web page with Front Page?

--
@nna

Stefan B Rusynko

      22nd Mar 2010
Depends on how you installed FP
- if you selected any options in FP to Install on Demand / 1st Use, that may be causing it
From Add/ Remove Programs reinstall FP and check for any Install on 1st use or Demand options
Then go to Windows Updates and check for any updates
(there probably are Office related Updates required)

"anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

"Stefan B Rusynko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Depends on how you installed FP
> - if you selected any options in FP to Install on Demand / 1st Use, that
> may be causing it
> From Add/ Remove Programs reinstall FP and check for any Install on 1st
> use or Demand options
> Then go to Windows Updates and check for any updates
> (there probably are Office related Updates required)

> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
>

> "anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Program files, Office. I set the Internet Options Editor to Front Page.

I did a Complete install. after running setup from the disc. Is it
possible to run as repair and remove something? I reinstalled the service
packs. I am not sure what to look for?

--
@nna

Craig Schiller

      22nd Mar 2010
You were not clear on exactly what was happening in your previous
message. That leads to confusion.

Craig

anna wrote:

> "Craig Schiller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uV%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I don't think you're listening. Open Front Page. Open the page from
>> within Front Page. Does that work?
>>
>> Craig

> I am listening, that is just what I did, but it opened my other
> editor, Dreamweaver. From withing Front Page. If it was a simple
> issue I would not be in here asking for help.

anna

      22nd Mar 2010
"anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message
>> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
>> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
>>

>> "anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Program files, Office. I set the Internet Options Editor to Front Page.
>>

> I did a Complete install. after running setup from the disc. Is it
> possible to run as repair and remove something? I reinstalled the service
> packs. I am not sure what to look for?
>
> --
> @nna

I reinstalled from Add/Remove. It did not give me any options to change the
install or remove an Install On Demand.

--
@nna

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

      22nd Mar 2010
Are you saying that when you start FrontPage then browse to an HTM or HTML
file and select to open it IN Frontpage it opens in Dreamweaver?

You need to list here (exactly) what steps you are taking to obtain these
bizarro results.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression Web

"anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Craig Schiller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uV%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I don't think you're listening. Open Front Page. Open the page from within
>>Front Page. Does that work?
>>
>> Craig

> I am listening, that is just what I did, but it opened my other editor,
> Dreamweaver. From withing Front Page. If it was a simple issue I would
> not be in here asking for help.
>
> --
> @nna

anna

      22nd Mar 2010
"Craig Schiller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You were not clear on exactly what was happening in your previous message.
> That leads to confusion.
>
> Craig
>
> anna wrote:

I am sorry for any confusion. Until I researched it, I was not very clear
on what it was doing or why. I have repaired the association problem. See
above Question on the Windows Installer that is still a problem.

--
@nna

anna

      22nd Mar 2010
"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you saying that when you start FrontPage then browse to an HTM or HTML
> file and select to open it IN Frontpage it opens in Dreamweaver?
>

> You need to list here (exactly) what steps you are taking to obtain these
> bizarro results.
>
> --
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web

Yes that is what I was saying. I have repaired the association problem with
manually removing problem issues with a registry editor and by manually
editing the registry with regedit. That is no longer a problem . Thank you
for your help.
--
@nna

« PHP | Error - 1605 »