Can't access my print cartridges.

David Wilson

      10th May 2005
HP Photosmart 1215 Printer

Message window on printer states print cartridge cradle is stuck. Remove
jam.

Disconnected printer, removed rear door, cleared a paper jam, reconnected,
and powered up.

The cartridges are stuck at the far-right position and cannot be reached
because of the printer cover.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

Tony

      14th May 2005
David
Sometimes small fragments of paper remain after a jam, did you notice any paper
missing from the sheet you removed? If so it is probably somewhere in the
printer (Murohy tells us that it often remains under the paper sensor!!!!)
these fragments can be very hard to see. Failing that, the carriage will need
to be freed up, involves removing the cover and releasing the carriage. Someone
will probably tell you that I am touting for business but unless you or someone
you know is confident to do the work I suggest that you take it to a local HP
printer repairer, they will release the carriage and check out the printer for
you.
Tony
(not touting for business and probably not even in your part of the world <g>)