Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F)

John Vanini

      5th Apr 2008
I have a Canon scanner (CanoScan 8000-F) and, some time ago, marks looking
exactly like moisture trails (I'm sure that's what they are) appeared all
over the inside of the glass.

I can't find a way of removing the glass, so that I can wipe the underside
clean, without risking breaking the plastic casing.

It was just outside the warranty period (isn't it always!) and Canon wanted
to charge me almost the same price as the cost of a new one.

This 'misting' affects everything I scan in but is worse for photographs
where they produce dull, flat areas, which I can't find a way of removing.

Does anyone know of how I might get inside the scanner to clean the glass,
please?

Regards

John

John Vanini

      6th Apr 2008
Hi Talker,

Thanks for the information. I'll have a look to see what's there.

John