cannot update

marcobaci

      13th Jul 2005
Hy everybody,
I've downloaded MASware few days ago to give it a tray.
The installation went fine and the program itself runs
smoothly but I can't get any update when I try, probably
because my IE copy got corrupted monthes ago.
Since I surf the net using Mozilla Firefox as main browers
I've never bothered about it, but MAS impossibily to
upgrade it's strange to me cause all others programs I have
got can upgrade without any problem (why this?)
Actually when I try to upgrade manually MAS tells me that
it could not detect any connection to the web !
I've also tried to download a newer IE6setup-exe from
Windows Update website (6.0.2800.1106) but again when I
launch it, it will try to connect unsuccesfully and ask me
for proxy's parameters where isn't any there !?
What can I do other than format my main partition and
reinstall Windows XP ?

Engel

      13th Jul 2005
Open Internet Explorer, click File and ensure that Work
Offline is not checked.

marcobaci

      13th Jul 2005
Thanks for your reply but this is not the case.

Anonymous Bob

      13th Jul 2005

"marcobaci" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05d501c5873d$b0bc4350$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hy everybody,
> I've downloaded MASware few days ago to give it a tray.
> The installation went fine and the program itself runs
> smoothly but I can't get any update when I try, probably
> because my IE copy got corrupted monthes ago.

<snip>

How did IE get corrupted?

Bob Vanderveen

Bill Sanderson

      13th Jul 2005

"marcobaci" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05e601c58745$165b1bd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your reply but this is not the case.

marcobaci

      13th Jul 2005

I've finally found out what was wrong with my IE...
it was the connexion's parameters which were changed from
"automatic detection" to "proxy" !???

I don't really know how this came because I've never had to
set for a proxy in my life...
but maybe is due to the fact I've changed internet provider
a few monthes ago and I hadn't payed enough attention
during the creation of the rules for IE (as I told earlier
I usually don't use it others than for upgrading Win XP).
Others than this could be a malwares action ?

In this very moment I'm connected to "update.microsoft.com"
via IE so everything seems fine so far...later on I will
try to update MSAS too.

Thanks everybody again and sorry for my spelling !!

Bill Sanderson

      13th Jul 2005
Excellent--that has happened to me a few times, too--glad you found it!

--

"marcobaci" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:03a401c587af$4ee60090$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

k-nash

      16th Jul 2005
I have used MSspyware since it came out. And until
I did the recent Beta renewal or update ,I never
had any problems. Now it will "appear" to update
definitions;butthey will not save; therefore,
I am "stuck" At definition 5725.