Cannot update main table if linked table is open

=?Utf-8?B?YnRlZQ==?=

      10th Mar 2006
I have a split database with a form (in the front-end db) used for searching
a table that is linked to the main table in the back-end db. If the form is
open when I attempt to update the main table I get the following error
message: "You tried to lock table (tablename) while opening it but the table
cannot be locked because it is currently in use".

The form Record Locks property is set to "No Locks" and the Recordset type
is "Snapshot". The default record locking for both dbs is set to No Locks.

How can I set this up to be able to update records on the main table if the
form is open?

=?Utf-8?B?amw1MDAw?=

      10th Mar 2006

Change the recordset type to Dynaset