cannot system restore

drew51

      30th Jun 2009
I have tried several restore points, keep getting message cannot restore to
that point. Tried SR in safe mode, ran for about 30 minutes, still no dice.
Turned off SR, rebooted, turned SR back on rebooted, set new restore point,
tried to restore, still no dice. Ran spyware, anti-virus, and registry
cleaner. Nothing found. I'm using Windows EP professional with media center
& service pack 3. I have 276.16MB of physical memory and 1.96GB of virtual
memory. Can someone please help?

Peter Foldes

      30th Jun 2009
Is Norton Installed

http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

--
Peter

"drew51" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have tried several restore points, keep getting message cannot restore to
> that point. Tried SR in safe mode, ran for about 30 minutes, still no dice.
> Turned off SR, rebooted, turned SR back on rebooted, set new restore point,
> tried to restore, still no dice. Ran spyware, anti-virus, and registry
> cleaner. Nothing found. I'm using Windows EP professional with media center
> & service pack 3. I have 276.16MB of physical memory and 1.96GB of virtual
> memory. Can someone please help?

Brian A.

      30th Jun 2009
> I have tried several restore points, keep getting message cannot restore
> to that point. Tried SR in safe mode, ran for about 30 minutes, still no
> dice. Turned off SR, rebooted, turned SR back on rebooted, set new
> restore point, tried to restore, still no dice. Ran spyware, anti-virus,
> and registry cleaner. Nothing found. I'm using Windows EP professional
> with media center & service pack 3. I have 276.16MB of physical memory
> and 1.96GB of virtual memory. Can someone please help?

To be fair and include all possible causes for SR to fail:

Possible causes of SR failing other than Symantec/Norton:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

Correct link to the document for Norton/Symantec causing SR to fail:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html

--

Brian A. Sesko
http://basconotw.mvps.org/