Cannot start workstation service

Frank

      29th Mar 2004
My PC is on a LAN. I cannot access any network shares or
access any shares on my PC. My 'workstation' service is
not started, I think this may be the problem. When I
attempt to manually start the service this is the message
I receive.
'Windows could not start the workstation on local
computer. If this is a non microsoft service vendor,
and refer to service-specific error code 2250'

OS: Windows XP SP1

J.C. Hornbeck [MSFT]

      29th Mar 2004
The workstation service should be logging an event in the system log. Post
the details here and maybe we can help figure out what's going on.

--
J.C. Hornbeck, MCSE
Microsoft Product Support

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!

This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:153e701c415d0$7aa21540$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My PC is on a LAN. I cannot access any network shares or
> access any shares on my PC. My 'workstation' service is
> not started, I think this may be the problem. When I
> attempt to manually start the service this is the message
> I receive.
> 'Windows could not start the workstation on local
> computer. If this is a non microsoft service vendor,
> and refer to service-specific error code 2250'
>
> OS: Windows XP SP1

Frank Mettner

      10th Aug 2004

Frank wrote:
> *My PC is on a LAN. I cannot access any network shares or
> access any shares on my PC. My 'workstation' service is
> not started, I think this may be the problem. When I
> attempt to manually start the service this is the message
> I receive.
> 'Windows could not start the workstation on local
> computer. If this is a non microsoft service vendor,
> and refer to service-specific error code 2250'
>
> OS: Windows XP SP1 *

Try the link below,

http://tinyurl.com/3j2c4

It describes how to solve this problem.