Cannot schedule a backup using ntbackup

George

      10th Sep 2004
When I try to schedule a backup with ntbackup, I get a
message that I am not authorized to do so. I am the only
user, and am the administrator. The message:"An error has
occurred whle trying to set task.....
Specific error: 0x8007005: Access is denied.
operation."
Thanks for your consideration.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      10th Sep 2004
You have to have a password on the account you use to schedule the job with,
and the credentials specified have to have sufficient rights to perform the
backup job. What account are you trying to use? Is this job set to backup
anything other than the local computer?

George wrote:
> When I try to schedule a backup with ntbackup, I get a
> message that I am not authorized to do so. I am the only
> user, and am the administrator. The message:"An error has
> occurred whle trying to set task.....
> Specific error: 0x8007005: Access is denied.
> operation."
> Thanks for your consideration.

      10th Sep 2004
Thanks for the reply.
I am using the only account on the PC (George) and it has
all admin rights, but there is no password. The job backs
up selected drive C documents to Drive G, an external HD
connected through a USB port. Does the password
requirement mean that I must have one on the account to
access it each time I log on?