I cannot reschedule a meeting

Mewsette

      31st Mar 2009
I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser, but
I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      31st Mar 2009
"Mewsette" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
> day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser,
> but
> I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

Define "cannot send". Exactly what happens when you try?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Mewsette

      31st Mar 2009

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Mewsette" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
> > day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser,
> > but
> > I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

> Define "cannot send". Exactly what happens when you try?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Hi Brian,

I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was one of
the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
using is 2006.

Thank you!
Sharon

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      31st Mar 2009
"Mewsette" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
> update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was one
> of
> the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
> using is 2006.

Display your calendar in a Table view like By Category and use the Field
Choose to add the Organizer field to the column headers. Are you listed as
Organizer?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Mewsette

      1st Apr 2009

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Mewsette" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
> > update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was one
> > of
> > the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
> > using is 2006.

> Display your calendar in a Table view like By Category and use the Field
> Choose to add the Organizer field to the column headers. Are you listed as
> Organizer?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Yes, I see my name as the organiser...The funny thing is that for other
meetings that I've organised I can update/cancel, etc; but for this
particular one, I cannot. Thank you for your help!

Sarah K_04

      3rd Apr 2009
I am having the same problem. I am using Office 2007. I have set up a
recurring meeting and all parties have accepted. Now when I open the meeting
to cancel or reschedule teh meeting, I do not have the option to. It says
that I am the Organizer, but I do not have the options--it shows like I am an
attendee who has accepted the meeting. Any help would be appreciated.

"Mewsette" wrote:

> I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule one
> day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser, but
> I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      23rd May 2011
if you can't send updates for an existing appointment, you need to make a
new appointment. there is no way to fix it.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
"kelly smith" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

I am also having the same problem with Office 2003. Did you ever receive an
answer to this question?

> On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:10 AM Mewsett wrote:

> I'm the organiser of a recurrent meeting and I would like to reschedule
> one
> day. When I open the meeting from my calendar, it says I'm the organiser,
> but
> I cannot send updates/cancellations. How should I proceed?

>> On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:23 AM Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

>> Define "cannot send". Exactly what happens when you try?
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

>>> On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:47 AM Mewsett wrote:

>>> "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Brian,
>>>
>>> I mean I cannot send cancellations/updates because the 'send
>>> update/cancellation' button doesn't appear: I see the meeting as I was
>>> one of
>>> the attendees (I cannot even see the 'tracking' option). The Outlook I'm
>>> using is 2006.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>> Sharon

New Member

      27th Mar 2012
This has bugged me for ages and had been creating new appointments instead of rescheduling.

You can reschedule by opening the series and under options>recurrence change the appointment time to the new time and click the send update button so all attendees are notified of the change.