Cannot print wide format HP CP1700

tep

      8th Aug 2008
Good evening,

With Vista, I cannot print A3 with that printer. With XP I can !
There is no help on the HP site or via google.

Who has the solution ?

Thanks,

Roger

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      9th Aug 2008
Is this printer supposed to be able to print A3? Did you create a custom
sized page in the Forms (from the Toolbar, File, Server Properties, Forms
tab)?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"tep" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:489cadd2$0$2865$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good evening,
>
> With Vista, I cannot print A3 with that printer. With XP I can !
> There is no help on the HP site or via google.
>
> Who has the solution ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Alan Morris [MSFT]

      12th Aug 2008
the printer description for the device (from HPW1B83L.GPD) does not include
A3.

the customsize is limited to 8.5 inch width

*Option: CUSTOMSIZE
{
*rcNameID: =RCID_DMPAPER_SYSTEM_NAME
*MinSize: PAIR(3600,6000)
*% 3 x 5
*MaxSize: PAIR(10200, 16800)
*% 8.5 x 18
*MaxPrintableWidth: 10200
*CenterPrintable?: TRUE

PS HP wrote this driver, they would be the one to write the solution. The
god news is this is fixed by HP but they don't have a supported why to get
this to their customers.

send me mail directly and I can send you the HP fixed file. remove the
online portion you see on my address.

alanmo
microsoft.com
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this printer supposed to be able to print A3? Did you create a custom
> sized page in the Forms (from the Toolbar, File, Server Properties, Forms
> tab)?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "tep" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:489cadd2$0$2865$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Good evening,
>>
>> With Vista, I cannot print A3 with that printer. With XP I can !
>> There is no help on the HP site or via google.
>>
>> Who has the solution ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Roger

Alan Morris [MSFT]

      30th Aug 2008
this is a problem with the Paper Sizes defined in the GPD file for the
printer. This file is provided by HP for the driver that ships with Vista.

I have the text based file (also provided by HP) that has the corrected
Paper Size definitions.

The main cop out is MS (me included) are making HP provide a fix rather than
including the fix in a service pack and HP does not yet have a new download
that addresses the issue.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"cheng_me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The CP1700 from HP does offer page print sizes up to 13 x 19.
> Vista does not offer these page sizes in the print dialog.
> Many posts have pointed (incorrectly) at HP Their product, thier
> driver. Come on that's a cop out. The CP1700 is a large format color
> inkjet.
> the software driver has the ability to print to the page size. Just
> load 11x 17 into the paper feeder and print the largest paper you can-
> it will print in vista at least mine does.
> Redmond just can not see why anyone would want to print 11x17 thus it's
> not a choice as a page size in the print dialog for vista. If it was
> this would not be an issue. MS pointing fingers at HP for driver issues
> is a cop out and the reason why Apple looks better and better every day.
> When you charge someone $500 for a operating system you have to provide
> some solutions not just point fingers.
>

> --
> cheng_me

Bob Headrick

      30th Sep 2008
"roumiller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm still trying using the suggestion from Alan Morris but have not yet
> been able to "email him direct"
> anyone reporting success in printing the larger paper?

Yes, lots of folks have had success with the patch from Alan. I can send a
copy with instructions, drop me an email at (E-Mail Removed) with "Vista
CP1700" in the title.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick

      1st Oct 2008
"cheng_me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Bob,
> got the bobh but after the "at" symbol is xxxx.

bobh at proaxis dot com or see
http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/...readId=1129787