Cannot Not Publish

DEFALG

      29th Dec 2007
I've used Front Page for 4 years now to do all my web designing. For some
reason now, I cannot update my site. I cannot open it live for updating
through FP nore am I able to publish it.
My site opens fine but any changes do not show.
When I make a change and try to save I get a message stating "(!) FP cannot
save this document because a file with the same name exists at the location.
Please enter a different name and try again"

Gary DeFalco

Steve Easton

      29th Dec 2007
Have your host repair the FrontPage extensions.

--

Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"DEFALG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've used Front Page for 4 years now to do all my web designing. For some
> reason now, I cannot update my site. I cannot open it live for updating
> through FP nore am I able to publish it.
> My site opens fine but any changes do not show.
> When I make a change and try to save I get a message stating "(!) FP cannot
> save this document because a file with the same name exists at the location.
> Please enter a different name and try again"
>
> Gary DeFalco

DEFALG

      30th Dec 2007
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply. I spoke with my host provider, they explained that my
extentions are fine. Apparently I need to set my publishing link to
(public_html). I do not know where/how to do this, can you help?

Gary

"Steve Easton" wrote:

> Have your host repair the FrontPage extensions.
>

> --
>
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> FP Cleaner
> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
> Hit Me FP
> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
>
> "DEFALG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've used Front Page for 4 years now to do all my web designing. For some
> > reason now, I cannot update my site. I cannot open it live for updating
> > through FP nore am I able to publish it.
> > My site opens fine but any changes do not show.
> > When I make a change and try to save I get a message stating "(!) FP cannot
> > save this document because a file with the same name exists at the location.
> > Please enter a different name and try again"
> >
> > Gary DeFalco

Steve Easton

      30th Dec 2007
public_html is normally only use to publish using ftp://

ftp://websitename.com/~public_html

Using ftp:// breaks the extensions.

Post a link to your home page please.

--

Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
FP Cleaner
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
Hit Me FP
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm

"DEFALG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Steve,
> Thanks for the reply. I spoke with my host provider, they explained that my
> extentions are fine. Apparently I need to set my publishing link to
> (public_html). I do not know where/how to do this, can you help?
>

> Gary
>
> "Steve Easton" wrote:
>
>> Have your host repair the FrontPage extensions.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Steve Easton
>> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
>> FP Cleaner
>> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
>> Hit Me FP
>> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
>>
>> "DEFALG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've used Front Page for 4 years now to do all my web designing. For some
>> > reason now, I cannot update my site. I cannot open it live for updating
>> > through FP nore am I able to publish it.
>> > My site opens fine but any changes do not show.
>> > When I make a change and try to save I get a message stating "(!) FP cannot
>> > save this document because a file with the same name exists at the location.
>> > Please enter a different name and try again"
>> >
>> > Gary DeFalco

Thomas A. Rowe

      30th Dec 2007
In order to publish with FP, your web host must map your login to the folder on their server that
will be the root of your web. FP doesn't have any options for setting this location.

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

"DEFALG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Steve,
> Thanks for the reply. I spoke with my host provider, they explained that my
> extentions are fine. Apparently I need to set my publishing link to
> (public_html). I do not know where/how to do this, can you help?
>

> Gary
>
> "Steve Easton" wrote:
>
>> Have your host repair the FrontPage extensions.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Steve Easton
>> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
>> FP Cleaner
>> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
>> Hit Me FP
>> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
>>
>> "DEFALG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I've used Front Page for 4 years now to do all my web designing. For some
>> > reason now, I cannot update my site. I cannot open it live for updating
>> > through FP nore am I able to publish it.
>> > My site opens fine but any changes do not show.
>> > When I make a change and try to save I get a message stating "(!) FP cannot
>> > save this document because a file with the same name exists at the location.
>> > Please enter a different name and try again"
>> >
>> > Gary DeFalco

DEFALG

      30th Dec 2007

www.starrlighting.net

"Steve Easton" wrote:

> public_html is normally only use to publish using ftp://
>
> ftp://websitename.com/~public_html
>
> Using ftp:// breaks the extensions.
>
> Post a link to your home page please.
>

> --
>
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> FP Cleaner
> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
> Hit Me FP
> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
>

> "DEFALG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Steve,
> > Thanks for the reply. I spoke with my host provider, they explained that my
> > extentions are fine. Apparently I need to set my publishing link to
> > (public_html). I do not know where/how to do this, can you help?
> >

> > Gary
> >
> > "Steve Easton" wrote:
> >
> >> Have your host repair the FrontPage extensions.
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Steve Easton
> >> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> >> FP Cleaner
> >> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
> >> Hit Me FP
> >> http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
> >>
> >> "DEFALG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

DEFALG

      1st Jan 2008
all,
Turns out that the FP extensions were in fact "corrupt" on my host. It took
some time to correct but I am up and running.

thanks for your input,

Gary