I cannot move messages from my server inbox folder to my personal.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBmcm9tIENU?=

      4th Jan 2005
Whenever I try to move an email message from my server inbox to my personal
inbox on my hard drive I get the follwoing error...

"Cant' move items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved
or deleted, or access was denied"

David French

      4th Jan 2005
Your Personal Folders files may be nearing the size limit that will start to
cause those types of errors.
You need to locate the file on your hard drive and determine the size of it.
Anything greater than 1.5 GB will start to be unstable. At 2 GB the file
can get so corrupt as to make it unuseable.
Create another PST file and move some of the messages to reduce the size and
break up the information into several files if need be.

Dave French
MOS XP Master Instructor

"Bill from CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whenever I try to move an email message from my server inbox to my

personal
> inbox on my hard drive I get the follwoing error...
>
> "Cant' move items. The item could not be moved. It was either already

moved
> or deleted, or access was denied"

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      4th Jan 2005
Bill from CT wrote:
> Whenever I try to move an email message from my server inbox to my
> personal inbox on my hard drive I get the follwoing error...
>
> "Cant' move items. The item could not be moved. It was either already
> moved or deleted, or access was denied"

In addition to the other reply, why would you do this anyway? If you care
about the data, it really belongs in your mailbox on the Exchange server
(which I presume you're using - corrections welcome).

=?Utf-8?B?bGVjYXJsc29u?=

      20th Jul 2005
Hi, I can't drag email items (inbox from exchange server) to a personal
folder. Before I can but now whenever I drag an item it shows a
crossed-circle and I cant drop the email to the folder. We are using
outlook98 though.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Bill from CT wrote:
> > Whenever I try to move an email message from my server inbox to my
> > personal inbox on my hard drive I get the follwoing error...
> >
> > "Cant' move items. The item could not be moved. It was either already
> > moved or deleted, or access was denied"

> In addition to the other reply, why would you do this anyway? If you care
> about the data, it really belongs in your mailbox on the Exchange server
> (which I presume you're using - corrections welcome).

=?Utf-8?B?RGFtb24=?=

      21st Oct 2005
First to address your concern on keeping items in the mailbox; Some of us
have been allocated mailbox sizes by our administrators that upon reaching
acertain size, we cannot receive any new mail unless we move items to an
off-line folder. my question in follow up is how do you create multiple
personal folders you can access off-line when the one gets too big?

Thx.

"Bill from CT" wrote:

> Whenever I try to move an email message from my server inbox to my personal
> inbox on my hard drive I get the follwoing error...
>
> "Cant' move items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved
> or deleted, or access was denied"

=?Utf-8?B?ZXNpbHZlcmI=?=

      18th Jul 2007
When I try to drag and drop, I not only get this message but the message I am
trying to move disappears. Any idea where it has gone. FYI, I am saving my
..pst folders on our network, not my hard drive.