Cannot Install or Uninstall VPN Client on Windows XP

BigShae

      20th Jun 2006
The error message below with Windows XP users will appear.

"The software you are installing for this hardware: Deterministic
Networks Enhancer Miniport has not passed Windows Logo testing to
verify its compatibility with Windows XP."

You will need to choose "Continue anyway". This message pops up a few
more times and will need to choose "Continue anyway" until it stops
prompting you (which can be as many as 24 times, depending on the
configuration). Then the installation continues normally.

If you choose "Cancel" and do NOT choose "Continue anyway",
then you MAY get caught in an infinite loop and you will be unable to
INSTALL or UNINSTALL the VPN Client. At this point, files are already
stored in the registry and you will NOT be able to get back to the
Installshield Wizard. You will NOT be able to completely remove the
VPN client completely from the registry using Add/Remove Programs from
the Control Panel OR Uninstall the files completely by booting up the
CD provided.

I will try to remove the entries from the Cisco VPN Client by
downloading a Windows Installer CleanUp Utility on the web page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301. You
will need to follow the directions to remove the VPN Client from your
computer.

Hopefully this will work with no problems.

Aaron

Robert L [MS-MVP]

      20th Jun 2006
The below is another way to remove Cisco VPN Client.

How to uninstall Cisco VPN client
If above mentioned uninstall applications fail, you can uninstall Cisco VPN Client manually by deleting files and modifying the Microsoft Windows registry.To do that, please following these steps....
http://www.howtonetworking.com/cisco...vpnclient1.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"BigShae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

      21st Jun 2006
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

The install worked beautifully. I am going to update the VPN install
documentation for our division.