cannot go online

HELP!!!!!!

      28th Feb 2005
I do not think that I can handle the registry edit,...
stuff.

Please try to think of a way, I can restore the deleted
files.

Previously , I had used Norton Antivirus and even though I
deleted files, they were backed up so I could easily
recover them.

Thank You!!!!

Bill Sanderson

      28th Feb 2005
To see the replies to the earlier messages you need to click on the PLUS
sign in front of the subject header. If this doesn't work for you, please
try the Expand All button at the top of the set of messages.

--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

"HELP!!!!!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:24bb01c51dd3$0f4ac330$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I do not think that I can handle the registry edit,...
> stuff.
>
> Please try to think of a way, I can restore the deleted
> files.
>
> Previously , I had used Norton Antivirus and even though I
> deleted files, they were backed up so I could easily
> recover them.
>
> Thank You!!!!

Louis

      1st Mar 2005
If you are using a router check if your IP Gateway has
been changed to DHCP mode Check if your IP address has
been removed. I don,t believe the Microsoft Antivirus
program would choose Operating System files for virii.

Louis.
NOTE: My Routing and Remote Access NAT setup was changed
in one of my installations.

<---deleted stuff--->

Bill Sanderson

      1st Mar 2005
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

The issue in the above KB article is most likely the issue involved here.
However, it is unclear whether the poster is able to see any replies, at
least partly due to the ABYSMAL nature of the html interface she is using to
post from.

--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

"Louis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:25c001c51dec$3e6486b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you are using a router check if your IP Gateway has
> been changed to DHCP mode Check if your IP address has
> been removed. I don,t believe the Microsoft Antivirus
> program would choose Operating System files for virii.
>
> Louis.
> NOTE: My Routing and Remote Access NAT setup was changed
> in one of my installations.

Louis

      2nd Mar 2005
In order not to spread misinformation two actions were
taken at the time my problem developed, one was the
installation of SCW ("Microsoft Security Configuration
Wizard"), the other was Microsoft Antispyware. I then ran
SCW's configuration. After that I could no longer get on
the Internet. I looked along the route for internet access
and saw the NAT IP NIC's IP address was removed.

Seeing another user having a similar problem I suggested
that a look on the system IP addresses. I would like to
hear from "HELP!!!!!! if there was a solution found that
corrected his/her problem.

So HELP HELP.
Louis.

Scott Walker

      2nd Mar 2005

Have you tryed doing a system restore? This may help get
the files back

help!!

      2nd Mar 2005
Yes, that is what I have been doing. I have been reading
all the replies.

all the replies.

Help!!!

      2nd Mar 2005

Could you please tell me how to do a system restore!!!

Help!!!

      2nd Mar 2005

Bill Sanderson

      3rd Mar 2005
Then perhaps you missed this message that I wrote:

If you are on Windows 2000, there is some effort involved. If you would
prefer an automated tool, there are several third-party tools which can do
this job effectively and easily.

One of them is WinsockXPfix.exe.

Here's a reputable reference to a source and clear instructions for using
this tool:

http://www.iup.edu/house/resnet/winfix.shtm

--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

news:363801c51f52$b25ce960$(E-Mail Removed)...