Cannot find server - page cannot be displayed message

=?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=

      29th Jun 2006
Hello,
I receive a cannot find server - page cannot be displayed message when I try
to access my smc7004ABR router web page. Without the router I can access the
internet but there are some sites that I receive the same error. Those sites
are ok because I can access them from a different computer. The OS is
Windows XP Home. Any suggestions???

--
Ron

Malke

      29th Jun 2006
Ron wrote:

> Hello,
> I receive a cannot find server - page cannot be displayed message when
> I try
> to access my smc7004ABR router web page. Without the router I can
> access the
> internet but there are some sites that I receive the same error.
> Those sites
> are ok because I can access them from a different computer. The OS is
> Windows XP Home. Any suggestions???

Sounds like a dodgy router. Reset the router to factory condition and
try again. If it still doesn't work, replace the router.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Chuck

      29th Jun 2006
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:11:02 -0700, Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>I receive a cannot find server - page cannot be displayed message when I try
>to access my smc7004ABR router web page. Without the router I can access the
>internet but there are some sites that I receive the same error. Those sites
>are ok because I can access them from a different computer. The OS is
>Windows XP Home. Any suggestions???

Ron,

If you're having trouble accessing the router, as Malke suggests, the router
might be dodgy. If you also have trouble accessing some Internet sites, when
the router is NOT connected, then the computer itself might be dodgy.

Start by checking the network card, and the cable from the computer.
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/dealing-with-physical-network-problems.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-problems.html

Then check for LSP / Winsock corruption.
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/problems-with-lsp-winsock-layer-in.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-layer-in.html

--
Cheers,