cannot create profiles in win 7 mail 32 bit

KLS

      1st May 2010
I upgraded to WIndows 7 professional 64 bit and still cannot get my MS Office
2003 to work properly. All the programs except Outlook seems to work fine.
I am totally unable to open outlook without mail profiles. I click on mail
in control panel and I get low memoery or resources too low. That's
impossible. I have 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM.

In addition, I noticed to night that while I created a profile for myself as
Admin, I do ot have admin permissions EVEN IF I say 'run as admin" If I open
my profile, it syas Admin under my name yet shows up as standard user. I
tried another name and same thing. Any ideas????
--
Thank you! -KLS

DL

      1st May 2010
That would appear to be a problem with your Win7 installation, you might
want to post to a win7 group stating exactly how you 'upgraded'

"KLS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I upgraded to WIndows 7 professional 64 bit and still cannot get my MS
> Office
> 2003 to work properly. All the programs except Outlook seems to work
> fine.
> I am totally unable to open outlook without mail profiles. I click on
> mail
> in control panel and I get low memoery or resources too low. That's
> impossible. I have 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM.
>
> In addition, I noticed to night that while I created a profile for myself
> as
> Admin, I do ot have admin permissions EVEN IF I say 'run as admin" If I
> open
> my profile, it syas Admin under my name yet shows up as standard user. I
> tried another name and same thing. Any ideas????
> --
> Thank you! -KLS

KLS

      1st May 2010
Thank you DL. I will try that. But I did upgrade from Micorsoft download
b/c I was having so many problems with some older games and this outlook. I
thought the professional having xp mode would solve the problem. It did with
games but not outlook.
--
Thank you! -KLS

"DL" wrote:

> That would appear to be a problem with your Win7 installation, you might
> want to post to a win7 group stating exactly how you 'upgraded'
>
> "KLS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I upgraded to WIndows 7 professional 64 bit and still cannot get my MS
> > Office
> > 2003 to work properly. All the programs except Outlook seems to work
> > fine.
> > I am totally unable to open outlook without mail profiles. I click on
> > mail
> > in control panel and I get low memoery or resources too low. That's
> > impossible. I have 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM.
> >
> > In addition, I noticed to night that while I created a profile for myself
> > as
> > Admin, I do ot have admin permissions EVEN IF I say 'run as admin" If I
> > open
> > my profile, it syas Admin under my name yet shows up as standard user. I
> > tried another name and same thing. Any ideas????
> > --
> > Thank you! -KLS

> .

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

      3rd May 2010
"KLS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thank you DL. I will try that. But I did upgrade from Micorsoft download
> b/c I was having so many problems with some older games and this outlook. I
> thought the professional having xp mode would solve the problem. It did
> with
> games but not outlook.

You shouldn't need to run Outlook in XP compatibility mode and should do so.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

      3rd May 2010
"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> You shouldn't need to run Outlook in XP compatibility mode and should do so.

I meant to type "...should not do so."
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]