Cannot create dial-up connection

mgoldman

      13th Sep 2003
I recently had a motherboard failure on my Compaq
Presario 5005CL. Before I knew it was the motherboard, I
tried to reinstall Windows XP. After my reinstall, all my
dial-up connections were deleted. I tried to create a new
dial up connection, but I now get a Error 711 which
says "Cannot Load Remote Access Service Connection
Manager". I've tried going into Services and starting
the service manually, but I get an Error 5 that says
access is denied. I am the only user and am also the
administrator. My modem works and I can connect to AOL,
but I cannot get internet access (e.g., browse the web or
run other Internet services) through AOL either. I tried
reinstalling XP again with the same results. Lastly, when
I use the new connection wizard to try to set up a dial
up connection, choosing "connect to the internet" and
then "set up my connection manually", the "connect using
a dial-up modem" is grayed out and cannot be selected.
This problem is very puzzling. Any ideas would be much
appreciated!!!

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

      15th Sep 2003
You Cannot Create a Network Connection After You Restore Windows XP

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

news:2ca201c37983$e7ccc820$(E-Mail Removed)...