Cannot connect to SQL 2000 AS SP 3 cube from Excel 2000

Andy S.

      27th Mar 2006
I have a user who is using Excel 2000 SP 3 to connect to cubes created
in SQL 2000 AS SP 3. The user does have permissions to browse to the cube.
Originally I could not even connect to the cube itself, nor did I have the
OLAP 8.0 provider. I tried all the Office updates, and per a newsgropu tip,
I installed the pivot table service (SQL2000 CD
\msolap\install\PTS\ptslite.exe). I can connect to the cube from his
computer from Excel, but if I create a spreadsheet elsewhere using that
cube, his laptop will not open the cube to run queries. Any suggestions?

Andy S.
MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
(E-Mail Removed)

Please remove "noreply" before replying.

This posting is provided "as is" with
no warranties and confers no rights.

MH

      28th Mar 2006
Ask your database administrator to look at the record locking on the cube,
or use a read-only connection.

MH

news:(E-Mail Removed)...