Cannot access My documents with Vista 64

Ritter197

      14th Sep 2009

I got Vista 64 a few weeks ago and all seemed OK and was (IthinK)
But since yesterday I cannot open the file or folder rather, that contains
my Documents.
Location (C: drive) is not available. Access denied.

I could before a few days ago always get to My Documents.

What to do????

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

http://www.eset.com

Ritter197

      15th Sep 2009

"lemur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ritter197;1135537 Wrote:
>> I got Vista 64 a few weeks ago and all seemed OK and was (IthinK)
>> But since yesterday I cannot open the file or folder rather, that
>> contains
>> my Documents.
>> Location (C: drive) is not available. Access denied.
>>
>> I could before a few days ago always get to My Documents.
>>
>> What to do????

>> signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

>> 'ESET - Antivirus Software with Spyware and Malware Protection'
>> (http://www.eset.com)

> When you click on COMPUTER off the START button, what do you see listed
> under HARD DISK DRIVES? Do you see "local disk C:"? If yes, what happens
> if you click on that drive icon?
>
> Are you logged on as Administrator?
>
> I might have you look at your Event Viewer, but first let's see what
> you can see.
>

> --
> lemur
>
> Please click on rep icon if I've been of any help.
> Thanks!

> signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

> http://www.eset.com

I see the c drive and all its folders. All can be opened except My
Documents, which has a little blue mark in the folder icon.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4425 (20090914) __________

http://www.eset.com

Gene E. Bloch

      15th Sep 2009
On 9/14/09, the entity Ritter197 wrote this:
> I got Vista 64 a few weeks ago and all seemed OK and was (IthinK)
> But since yesterday I cannot open the file or folder rather, that contains my
> Documents.
> Location (C: drive) is not available. Access denied.

> I could before a few days ago always get to My Documents.

> What to do????

> database 4425 (20090914) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Click on Documents, not My Documents.

The latter is a special link that is available only to software that
doesn't know the new name Documents for what used to be My Documents.

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com