Cannon BJC-85 Print Head Problem

mackandglennie@t-online.de

      3rd Feb 2007
Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
joy.

measekite

      3rd Feb 2007
The new IP4300 is so good and so cheap that I would buy that and forget
about the old one you have. It is worthless.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
> little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
> cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
> work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
> using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
> joy.

Fred McKenzie

      3rd Feb 2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
> little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
> cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
> work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
> using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
> joy.

M&G-

Others should have better suggestions for unclogging your print head.
The only one I can offer is to try soaking in household ammonia and then
rinsing.

As you probably are aware, the ink cartridge with the print head
built-in is removable, and the ink tanks are separate. There should be
two - black only with large ink tank, and color with small black and
color tanks. Are both of yours clogged?

If all else fails, you can purchase new cartridges. They are somewhat
expensive, but do include fresh ink tanks which you can save unopened
until the old tanks are used-up.

Fred

Michael Grey

      3rd Feb 2007
You can also purchase a new printhead the BC10e for black only or the BC11e
for color and black.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
> little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
> cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
> work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
> using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
> joy.

measekite

      3rd Feb 2007
So dumb I just cannot believe it. Why should any money be spent on an
old out date out of commission printer when you can get a brand new
technically up to date Canon IP4300 with new heads and a full set of ink
for around $80.00 on sale.

A new head and ink for that piece of junk may even cost as much or more.

I just cannot believe the advice, if thats what you call it, that is
given in this ng.

Michael Grey wrote:
> You can also purchase a new printhead the BC10e for black only or the BC11e
> for color and black.
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
>> little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
>> cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
>> work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
>> using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
>> joy.

Michael Grey

      3rd Feb 2007
to save the environment

"measekite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:m95xh.51963$(E-Mail Removed)...
> So dumb I just cannot believe it. Why should any money be spent on an old
> out date out of commission printer when you can get a brand new
> technically up to date Canon IP4300 with new heads and a full set of ink
> for around $80.00 on sale.
>
> A new head and ink for that piece of junk may even cost as much or more.
>
> I just cannot believe the advice, if thats what you call it, that is given
> in this ng.
>
> Michael Grey wrote:
>> You can also purchase a new printhead the BC10e for black only or the
>> BC11e for color and black.
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
>>> little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
>>> cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
>>> work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
>>> using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
>>> joy.

measekite

      3rd Feb 2007
Wonderful. Nobody buys anything new to save the environment. Business
go bankrupt. The big depression comes again. The environment still
gets worse. No new technology is developed. Nobody knows how to
correct the situation.

Happy printing kid.

Michael Grey wrote:
> to save the environment
>
> "measekite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:m95xh.51963$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> So dumb I just cannot believe it. Why should any money be spent on an old
>> out date out of commission printer when you can get a brand new
>> technically up to date Canon IP4300 with new heads and a full set of ink
>> for around $80.00 on sale.
>>
>> A new head and ink for that piece of junk may even cost as much or more.
>>
>> I just cannot believe the advice, if thats what you call it, that is given
>> in this ng.
>>
>> Michael Grey wrote:
>>
>>> You can also purchase a new printhead the BC10e for black only or the
>>> BC11e for color and black.
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Al Bundy

      4th Feb 2007
On Feb 3, 3:59 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
> little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
> cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
> work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
> using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
> joy.

Try cleaning it with a Water Pik if you have one using very hot water
from the nozzle side. Then you can use a syringe with a fitted hose to
blow from the input side. If you keep soaking it and cleaning it,
eventually it will no longer be clogged. I must add, however, that
just because the head is not clogged does not insure that it will work.

Fred McKenzie

      6th Feb 2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Fred McKenzie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The only one I can offer is to try soaking in household ammonia and then
> rinsing.

M&G-

What I meant to say was to try soaking in Windex (window cleaner that
contains ammonia)!

The only time I had a problem with mine, it turned out to be a bad
electrical contact, which could not be fixed by cleaning. I had to
purchase the new cartridge as suggested by Michael Grey.

Fred

iprefer@hamnotspam.com

      22nd Feb 2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Can anyone advise how to change the print on my Cannon BJC-85? Great
> little printer, I pit it away about 2 years ago (forgot to remove ink
> cartridge) and pulled it out for my daughter to use for her school
> work. It will go through the motions put nothing prints, I have tried
> using a flushing agent on the print head and leaving it overnight - no
> joy.

Printheads do tend to develop problems if stored for long periods. I've
never really had any success with cleaning them and usually end up
replacing the head. Assuming you're in the UK you can get Canon printheads
from http://www.markett.co.uk