Can you remove duplicates from Pivot Table?

=?Utf-8?B?TWlzc2lzc2F1Z2E5OQ==?=

      24th Oct 2006
Hi there - i have a database which looks something like this:
Name Number
Fred 1000
Fred 1000
Fred 1000
Tom 2000
Tom 2000
Tom 2000
Jane 3000
Jane 3000
Jane 3000

I want my pivot table to show:
Fred 1000
Tom 2000
Jane 3000

is there a way to remove duplicate data?

right now my pivot table shows:
Fred 3000
Tom 6000
Jane 9000

I don't want the numbers to be summed.

Alternative solutions i have already looked at:
I know I can also do this using Advanced Filtering - which I will do if need
be.
I have also added a new column to my database called "Unique entries" which
i can use for my pivot table - but that's another "manual" thing to do - i
would like to try to work with the existing database - without having to add
more columns and formulas.

appreciate your assistance!

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIFRob21saW5zb24=?=

      24th Oct 2006
You could average the numbers. That would work in the example you posted.
Just change the aggregation of the numbers from sum to average.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mississauga99" wrote:

> Hi there - i have a database which looks something like this:
> Name Number
> Fred 1000
> Fred 1000
> Fred 1000
> Tom 2000
> Tom 2000
> Tom 2000
> Jane 3000
> Jane 3000
> Jane 3000
>
> I want my pivot table to show:
> Fred 1000
> Tom 2000
> Jane 3000
>
> is there a way to remove duplicate data?
>
> right now my pivot table shows:
> Fred 3000
> Tom 6000
> Jane 9000
>
> I don't want the numbers to be summed.
>
> Alternative solutions i have already looked at:
> I know I can also do this using Advanced Filtering - which I will do if need
> be.
> I have also added a new column to my database called "Unique entries" which
> i can use for my pivot table - but that's another "manual" thing to do - i
> would like to try to work with the existing database - without having to add
> more columns and formulas.
>
> appreciate your assistance!

=?Utf-8?B?TWlzc2lzc2F1Z2E5OQ==?=

      24th Oct 2006