how can you make an angle symbol in word?

davidkandel

      5th Dec 2007
i have gone into the insert menu but don't see an angle symbol (not the
degree symbol), like an inequality sign on its side. Can one be made?

JoAnn Paules

      5th Dec 2007
You will have to find some sort of a symbol font that has that symbol. Maybe
geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5) font.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"davidkandel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have gone into the insert menu but don't see an angle symbol (not the
> degree symbol), like an inequality sign on its side. Can one be made?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      5th Dec 2007
There are numerous angle symbols in the Mathematical Operators character
subset of Arial Unicode MS.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"davidkandel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have gone into the insert menu but don't see an angle symbol (not the
> degree symbol), like an inequality sign on its side. Can one be made?

BrianWren

      5th Dec 2007
You can create a bitmap and paste that in line with the text.

Make the zoom 100%, type a character similar to what you want in size, then
take a screen shot. Use the image that was captured as a starting point for
the bitmap that you create.
--
There are exactly 10 kinds of people: Those who do- and those who don’t
understand binary.

jwg5@hotmail.com

      9th Dec 2007
On Mac Word X: In the Symbol font type Option-Dash. This will give the
'angle' symbol.