Can you edit the PowerPoint slides while viewing?

=?Utf-8?B?RGVlRGVl?=

      3rd Aug 2005
Pastor would like me to enter answers received to the PowerPoint presentation
while viewing. Is that possible?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aW5l?=

      3rd Aug 2005
What version of PowerPoint do you use?

If you are using 2003, during presentation mode, you can RIGHT click on your
mouse and bring up a shortcut menu. From there you can select POINTER
OPTIONS and then PEN or Highlighter and DRAW/annoint over your slides using
the mouse. When you leave presentation mode, it will ask you if you want to
KEEP your drawings or discard them. IF you choose KEEP, it will add them to
your original slides.

From the same shortcut menu, you can choose SCREEN. Then, choose SPEAKER
NOTES. This will bring up a little box (during your presentation) and if you
have speaker notes it will show them. You can also EDIT/ADD content during
the presentation to this box and it will record/save in the Speaker Notes box
for that slide. You can move the little box to the corner of your slide area
and type in audience comments. (That's how we do it)

"DeeDee" wrote:

> Pastor would like me to enter answers received to the PowerPoint presentation
> while viewing. Is that possible?

Bill Dilworth

      3rd Aug 2005
You can add special textboxes to the presentation, if you want to be able to
type the information onto the screen as it is called out. You will only
need to select the textbox with the mouse, then type away.

If you have preset answers, you can simply use animations or triggers to
show the text when it is needed.

Are these what you were looking for?

--
Bill Dilworth
A proud member of the Microsoft PPT MVP Team

"DeeDee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pastor would like me to enter answers received to the PowerPoint
> presentation
> while viewing. Is that possible?

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTS4gTWFyY292aXR6?=

      4th Aug 2005
A similar question came up a while ago so Steve added the answers to the FAQ.
There are some good alternatives here:

Adding or entering text during a show
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00701.htm

--David

David Marcovitz
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/

"DeeDee" wrote:

> Pastor would like me to enter answers received to the PowerPoint presentation
> while viewing. Is that possible?

Steve Rindsberg

      4th Aug 2005

> If you are using 2003, during presentation mode, you can RIGHT click on your
> mouse and bring up a shortcut menu. From there you can select POINTER
> OPTIONS and then PEN or Highlighter and DRAW/annoint

A special PPT version for ecclesiastical use? ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll shut up now. You go ahead, you're doing
wonderfully!

> over your slides using
> the mouse. When you leave presentation mode, it will ask you if you want to
> KEEP your drawings or discard them. IF you choose KEEP, it will add them to
> your original slides.
>
> From the same shortcut menu, you can choose SCREEN. Then, choose SPEAKER
> NOTES. This will bring up a little box (during your presentation) and if you
> have speaker notes it will show them. You can also EDIT/ADD content during
> the presentation to this box and it will record/save in the Speaker Notes box
> for that slide. You can move the little box to the corner of your slide area
> and type in audience comments. (That's how we do it)
>
> "DeeDee" wrote:
>
> > Pastor would like me to enter answers received to the PowerPoint presentation
> > while viewing. Is that possible?

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com