How can we have 2 version of access

Frank Situmorang

      20th Apr 2008
Hello,

Can we install 2kind of access i,e. ver2000 and veer.2002 in our computer?,
if we can, how can we do it. I want it because I want to convert my MDE one
in ver2000 and one in ver2002.

Thanks for any advices

--
H. Frank Situmorang

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

      20th Apr 2008
You cannot convert an MDE. You need the original MDB files. That said, you
can install into different directories.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Frank Situmorang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Can we install 2kind of access i,e. ver2000 and veer.2002 in our
> computer?,
> if we can, how can we do it. I want it because I want to convert my MDE
> one
> in ver2000 and one in ver2002.
>

> Thanks for any advices
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang

Frank Situmorang

      20th Apr 2008
Thanks Arvin for your response. What I meant is I want to install MSOffice200
in addtion to MSOffice 2002 in my computer now. Is it possible. The purpose
is so that I can covenrt my orginal mdb into 2 kind of MDE (ver.2000 and
ver.2002) because I know we must convert mdb to the same version.

Thanks in advance

--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> You cannot convert an MDE. You need the original MDB files. That said, you
> can install into different directories.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Frank Situmorang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can we install 2kind of access i,e. ver2000 and veer.2002 in our
> > computer?,
> > if we can, how can we do it. I want it because I want to convert my MDE
> > one
> > in ver2000 and one in ver2002.
> >

> > Thanks for any advices
> >
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang

Rick Brandt

      20th Apr 2008
Frank Situmorang wrote:
> Thanks Arvin for your response. What I meant is I want to install
> MSOffice200 in addtion to MSOffice 2002 in my computer now. Is it
> possible. The purpose is so that I can covenrt my orginal mdb into 2
> kind of MDE (ver.2000 and ver.2002) because I know we must convert
> mdb to the same version.

I have 5 different versions installed. Just put them in different folders
and make sure that each subsequent install doesn't remove any version
already in place.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m

      20th Apr 2008
why? 5 versions? Are you for real?

I used to work for a company that had virtual machines for Access 97
development.. (because it was a maintenance nightmare).
I think that virtual machines is a lot better than one dev machine
with 5 instances.

I just hate getting prompted for CDs every time I launch it.. lol..
Seems to me like someone in Redmond should have tested this before
selling it to us.

-Aaron

On Apr 20, 6:40*am, "Rick Brandt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Frank Situmorang wrote:
> > Thanks Arvin for your response. What I meant is I want to install
> > MSOffice200 in addtion to MSOffice 2002 in my computer now. Is it
> > possible. The purpose is so that I can covenrt my orginal mdb into 2
> > kind of MDE (ver.2000 and ver.2002) because I know we must convert
> > mdb to the same version.

> I have 5 different versions installed. *Just put them in different folders
> and make sure that each subsequent install doesn't remove any version
> already in place.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt * at * Hunter * dot * com

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

      22nd Apr 2008
To make a 2002 MDE from a 2000 MDB, you can convert within the 2002 version,
but if you do need to make both MDEs, you must install them both. That is no
problem as long as you install into different directories.

Be careful, because the typical install wants to overwrite the existing
version. You must be alert and not just click "Next" without careful
reading.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com
http://www.mvps.org/access
http://www.accessmvp.com

"Frank Situmorang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Arvin for your response. What I meant is I want to install
> MSOffice200
> in addtion to MSOffice 2002 in my computer now. Is it possible. The
> purpose
> is so that I can covenrt my orginal mdb into 2 kind of MDE (ver.2000 and
> ver.2002) because I know we must convert mdb to the same version.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang
>

> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You cannot convert an MDE. You need the original MDB files. That said,
>> you
>> can install into different directories.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "Frank Situmorang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Can we install 2kind of access i,e. ver2000 and veer.2002 in our
>> > computer?,
>> > if we can, how can we do it. I want it because I want to convert my MDE
>> > one
>> > in ver2000 and one in ver2002.
>> >

>> > Thanks for any advices
>> >
>> > --
>> > H. Frank Situmorang

Frank Situmorang

      23rd Apr 2008
Arvin:

For ver 2000, yes it asks for folder, so I put it in other folder, but for
ver 2002 I have, it does not ask for folder, it overwrites the existing ,
can you educate me how can I install ver 2002?,

Thanks in advance
--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> To make a 2002 MDE from a 2000 MDB, you can convert within the 2002 version,
> but if you do need to make both MDEs, you must install them both. That is no
> problem as long as you install into different directories.
>
> Be careful, because the typical install wants to overwrite the existing
> version. You must be alert and not just click "Next" without careful
> reading.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Frank Situmorang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks Arvin for your response. What I meant is I want to install
> > MSOffice200
> > in addtion to MSOffice 2002 in my computer now. Is it possible. The
> > purpose
> > is so that I can covenrt my orginal mdb into 2 kind of MDE (ver.2000 and
> > ver.2002) because I know we must convert mdb to the same version.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > H. Frank Situmorang
> >

> > "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You cannot convert an MDE. You need the original MDB files. That said,
> >> you
> >> can install into different directories.
> >> --
> >> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> >> http://www.datastrat.com
> >> http://www.mvps.org/access
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com
> >>
> >> "Frank Situmorang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

      23rd Apr 2008
As I mentioned, you cannot accept the defaults or it will overwrite, you
must create a new folder (I call mine OfficeXP) and tell the install to do a
"Custom" install, not the "Typical" install. It will still overwrite Outlook
because 2 versions of Outlook cannot exist on the same machine.