Can I use 'names' in defining a series in a graph

dbasmb

      11th Dec 2009
I have successfully used the name feature to name individual cells and ranges
of cells and than have used them in formulas. However, when I try to use a
name in the definition of a series on a graph, it says there is an invalid
reference. Am I doing something wrong, or can you not use names in series
definitions?

Thanks for your help.

Jon Peltier

      11th Dec 2009
There are innumerable examples on the internet showing how to use names
as your chart source data. See for example:

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/

What is probably leading to your error is using just the name, without
referencing its parent worksheet or workbook. For example, the name
ChartData will produce an error by itself, but if you prefix it by the
sheet name, 'Data Sheet'!ChartData.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier