how can i turn system idle process

madismisback

      12th Aug 2003
How can I turn "system idle process" ???

please help me

thanks

EGMcCann

      12th Aug 2003
Turn it how? On? Off? Around?
Don't worry about it, it's supposed to be running, yes and showing a high
percentage.

--
If you have to ask if your copy of XP is 32 or 64 bit, it's 32.
Getting Messenger popups? Turn on your firewall!

(Stolen with pride from Gary Thorn... thanks!)

"madismisback" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0e5001c3610b$63108f30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I turn "system idle process" ???
>
> please help me
>
> thanks

Chris Lanier

      12th Aug 2003
what do u mean "turn"?

"madismisback" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0e5001c3610b$63108f30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I turn "system idle process" ???
>
> please help me
>
> thanks

Strontium

      12th Aug 2003
Fire up SETI or Prime95. That'll do it.

-
Ken Blake stood up at show-n-tell, in (E-Mail Removed), and

--
Strontium

"You may be right! It's all a waste of time! I guess
that's just a chance I'm prepared to take....A danger
I'm prepared to face.....Cut to the chase." - RUSH

GSV Three Minds in a Can

      12th Aug 2003
Bitstring <(E-Mail Removed)>, from the wonderful person
Ken Blake <(E-Mail Removed)> said
>In news:0e5001c3610b$63108f30$(E-Mail Removed),
>madismisback <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>
>> How can I turn "system idle process" ?

>Turn it to what? Do you mean turn it *off*?
>
>"System Idle Process" is the name for what the computer is doing
>when it isn't doing anything. It's just there to make the total
>add up to 100%. There's nothing to turn off.

You can download and run Prime95 (www.mersenne.org) .. that'll reduce
system idle %age to zero right quickly (although your CPU temperature
will go up 5-7 degrees c, and your electricity bill may increase
slightly). 8>.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can

EGMcCann

      12th Aug 2003

"GSV Three Minds in a Can" <GSV@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
news:U7fSM7bSnWO$(E-Mail Removed)...

> You can download and run Prime95 (www.mersenne.org) .. that'll reduce
> system idle %age to zero right quickly (although your CPU temperature
> will go up 5-7 degrees c, and your electricity bill may increase
> slightly). 8>.

Hmmm. Have to remember that for this winter. Every ltitle bit helps.