How I can transfer my Windows Files from D: Drive to C: Drive

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=

      22nd May 2005
When I reinstalled my Windows XP, the program did not allow me to install the
program on my C: Drive. Beacause i did'nt have enough memory on C:. So, now
i have the Windows installed on D: and also the previous Windows on C:.

After the succesful instalation I fix my problem with my memory on C: Now I
don't have enough momory on D:.

How I can move the Windows files from D: to C: without loose any files from
C:????

Please help me to clear my logic on how to do the job and at the same time
just keep one copy of Windows XP in my computer.

Thanks;

Frank

Jerry

      22nd May 2005
You don't have memory on the hard drive - you have space. The problem is it
is measured using the same term. megabytes or gigabytes.

You can't just copy the files to fix things.

You should boot from the XP CD and do a repair install and select the C:\
drive as the one on which you want to do the repair.

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I reinstalled my Windows XP, the program did not allow me to install
> the
> program on my C: Drive. Beacause i did'nt have enough memory on C:. So,
> now
> i have the Windows installed on D: and also the previous Windows on C:.
>
> After the succesful instalation I fix my problem with my memory on C: Now
> don't have enough momory on D:.
>
> How I can move the Windows files from D: to C: without loose any files
> from
> C:????
>
> Please help me to clear my logic on how to do the job and at the same time
> just keep one copy of Windows XP in my computer.
>
> Thanks;
>
> Frank

Mark L. Ferguson

      24th May 2005
You could install again, and select C, then you can edit the Boot.ini to remove the D drive copy.

You use three switches. If C: is the target, and G: is the CD drive. From start/run, type:

G:\i386\winnt32 /tempdrive:C /makelocalsource /s:G:\i386

After setup....
HOW TO Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q289022
Remove the line for the old OS in [operating systems] by going to Start/Run, and typing C:\BOOT.INI Be sure 'default=' points to the
new OS
(or) In XP, press WinKey-Break,(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl'), Advanced Tab, "Start Up and Recovery" area, Settings button, then edit
the old line out with the edit button. Reboot, and delete the files for the old OS.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509