How can I tell if the caps lock is on?

Roger Vee

      10th Aug 2008
How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

Graham Mayor

      10th Aug 2008
I would have thought that typing appearing in caps. or the light on the
keyboard would have been sufficient? There is no function in Word to do
this, but there is an assortment of third party tools you might consider -
e.g. http://www.dkpcode.com/html/download...apsLock-Status

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Roger Vee wrote:
> How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock
> is on?

Cheryl Flanders

      10th Aug 2008
Which version of Word? Word 2007 can show "Caps Lock" on the status
bar. Right-click the status bar and select Caps Lock.

Some keyboard software can also show a visual on your screen (such as
Logitech).

Cheryl

On Aug 10, 3:49*am, Roger Vee <Roger (E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

JoAnn Paules

      10th Aug 2008
Why doesn't the caplock light on your keyboard tell you that?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Roger Vee" <Roger (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

Cheryl Flanders

      10th Aug 2008
Not all keyboards have a light for Caps Lock. My Logitech does not --
it shows a visual on the screen instead. The keyboard I had prior to
my Logitech didn't have a light or an on-screen visual.

Cheryl

On Aug 10, 8:25*am, "JoAnn Paules" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Why doesn't the caplock light on your keyboard tell you that?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>
> "Roger Vee" <Roger (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in messagenews:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

Jay Freedman

      10th Aug 2008
I can't speak for Roger, but I can think of two reasons:

- I have a wireless keyboard that (to reduce the drain on its batteries) doesn't
have any caps lock, num lock, or scroll lock lights. There are lights on the
receiver pod, but that's tucked away out of sight.

- Some people (not including me) are good enough at touch typing that they don't
often look at the keyboard.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:25:25 -0400, "JoAnn Paules" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Why doesn't the caplock light on your keyboard tell you that?
>
>--
>
>JoAnn Paules
>MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

>"Roger Vee" <Roger (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

JoAnn Paules

      10th Aug 2008
I don't touch type. I watch my hands. Always have, always will. If I need to
know if the cap lock is on I either type something or I look at the light.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...