How can I stop Word 2003 automatically adding new styles?

Robert Halford

      26th Jul 2005
In Word 2003 if I make a change to a style Word automatically adds it to the
style list - for example "Heading 1 + Italic" or "Normal + Bold" - how can I
stop Word doing this?

Someone said check the "Prompt to update style" checkbox in the edit
options, but this doesn't work.

Daiya Mitchell

      26th Jul 2005
It's not really a style--start with Big Idea #4 here:
http://shaunakelly.com/word/sfpane/S...ttingPane.html

And the rest of the page will explain what is going on.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Herb Tyson [MVP]

      26th Jul 2005
That's controlled by Tools - Options - Edit - Keep track of formatting.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Robert Halford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Word 2003 if I make a change to a style Word automatically adds it to
> the style list - for example "Heading 1 + Italic" or "Normal + Bold" - how
> can I stop Word doing this?
>
> Someone said check the "Prompt to update style" checkbox in the edit
> options, but this doesn't work.

Robert Halford

      26th Jul 2005
Thanks that exactly answers my question.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...