How can I set up Word for APA formatting?

=?Utf-8?B?dmluZXNvbg==?=

      20th Feb 2006
Is there any way to set up word for APA formatting? (APA= American Psych
Association)

garfield-n-odie [MVP]

      20th Feb 2006
See http://www.apastyle.org or
..

vineson wrote:

> Is there any way to set up word for APA formatting? (APA= American Psych
> Association)

Brenda

      14th Oct 2008
How can I setup APA reference page without completing each seperate

"vineson" wrote:

> Is there any way to set up word for APA formatting? (APA= American Psych
> Association)

p0

      14th Oct 2008
On 14 okt, 05:53, Brenda <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How can I setupAPAreference page without completing each seperate
>

> "vineson" wrote:
> > Is there any way to set up word forAPAformatting? (APA= American Psych
> > Association)

You only posted half a message.

If your intention was to ask if you had to complete each field in the
Word 2007 bibliographic tool for every source, the answer is no. Word
2007 tries to make a best-effort attempt at formatting whatever data
you feed it.

Yves

spookieeyes

      30th Nov 2008
my computer has the new edition but my instruction keeps telling me that the
citations are not being put in APA format . I have it set for APA what am I
doing wrong.

"p0" wrote:

> On 14 okt, 05:53, Brenda <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > How can I setupAPAreference page without completing each seperate
> >

> > "vineson" wrote:
> > > Is there any way to set up word forAPAformatting? (APA= American Psych
> > > Association)

> You only posted half a message.
>
> If your intention was to ask if you had to complete each field in the
> Word 2007 bibliographic tool for every source, the answer is no. Word
> 2007 tries to make a best-effort attempt at formatting whatever data
> you feed it.
>
> Yves

p0

      30th Nov 2008
On 30 nov, 08:46, spookieeyes <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> my computer has the new edition but my instruction keeps telling me that the
> citations are not being put in APA format . I have it set for APA what am I
> doing wrong.

If someone tells you your work is incorrect, you should ask them what
is wrong with it. That way it would be a lot easier to fix any
problems ...

Some possible issues:
1)The APA style is only for bibliographies, that is, the rest of the
text will not be formatted according to the APA guidelines unless you
use some kind of template.
2)Microsoft does not set the indentation for APA bibliographies (and
no that's not a bug). You should set the "Bibliography" paragraph
style to hanging yourself.
3)If you have multiple works by the same author(s) in the same year in
your reference list, a suffix will not be added to the year but the
title will be displayed instead. This is not correct according to APA
guidelines and you will have to add the suffix manually to the year
and suppress the title.

Yves

katdat

      12th Feb 2009
When I print the Bibliography it does not print all the authors. It only
prints the first one and then the initial of the next author. Why is that?

"p0" wrote:

> On 30 nov, 08:46, spookieeyes <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > my computer has the new edition but my instruction keeps telling me that the
> > citations are not being put in APA format . I have it set for APA what am I
> > doing wrong.
> >

> If someone tells you your work is incorrect, you should ask them what
> is wrong with it. That way it would be a lot easier to fix any
> problems ...
>
> Some possible issues:
> 1)The APA style is only for bibliographies, that is, the rest of the
> text will not be formatted according to the APA guidelines unless you
> use some kind of template.
> 2)Microsoft does not set the indentation for APA bibliographies (and
> no that's not a bug). You should set the "Bibliography" paragraph
> style to hanging yourself.
> 3)If you have multiple works by the same author(s) in the same year in
> your reference list, a suffix will not be added to the year but the
> title will be displayed instead. This is not correct according to APA
> guidelines and you will have to add the suffix manually to the year
> and suppress the title.
>
> Yves

katdat

      12th Feb 2009
Why doesn't the bibliography show all my authors? It only shows the first one.

"p0" wrote:

> On 30 nov, 08:46, spookieeyes <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > my computer has the new edition but my instruction keeps telling me that the
> > citations are not being put in APA format . I have it set for APA what am I
> > doing wrong.
> >

> If someone tells you your work is incorrect, you should ask them what
> is wrong with it. That way it would be a lot easier to fix any
> problems ...
>
> Some possible issues:
> 1)The APA style is only for bibliographies, that is, the rest of the
> text will not be formatted according to the APA guidelines unless you
> use some kind of template.
> 2)Microsoft does not set the indentation for APA bibliographies (and
> no that's not a bug). You should set the "Bibliography" paragraph
> style to hanging yourself.
> 3)If you have multiple works by the same author(s) in the same year in
> your reference list, a suffix will not be added to the year but the
> title will be displayed instead. This is not correct according to APA
> guidelines and you will have to add the suffix manually to the year
> and suppress the title.
>
> Yves

p0

      12th Feb 2009
Most likely because you use a style which shows only one author.

If not, are you certain you entered the authors correctly? In the
create/edit source dialog, make sure you use the edit button to enter
the author names one by one. Otherwise authors could easily be
misformatted. Once you figure out the correct use of ';' and ',', you
can probably enter the authors without the edit dialog.

Yves
--
http://bibliography.codeplex.com

On 12 feb, 03:16, katdat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Why doesn't thebibliographyshow all my authors? *It only shows the first one.
>

> "p0" wrote:
> > On 30 nov, 08:46, spookieeyes <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> > > my computer has the new edition but my instruction keeps telling me that the
> > > citations are not being put inAPAformat . I have it set forAPAwhat amI
> > > doing wrong.

> > If someone tells you your work is incorrect, you should ask them what
> > is wrong with it. That way it would be a lot easier to fix any
> > problems ...

> > Some possible issues:
> > 1)TheAPAstyle is only for bibliographies, that is, the rest of the
> > text will not be formatted according to theAPAguidelines unless you
> > use some kind of template.
> > 2)Microsoft does not set the indentation forAPAbibliographies (and
> > no that's not a bug). You should set the "Bibliography" paragraph
> > style to hanging yourself.
> > 3)If you have multiple works by the same author(s) in the same year in
> > your reference list, a suffix will not be added to the year but the
> > title will be displayed instead. This is not correct according toAPA
> > guidelines and you will have to add the suffix manually to the year
> > and suppress the title.

> > Yves

HOW CAN I SET UP MY APA SETTING

      3rd Mar 2009