How can I set up a reminder alarm system in one of my worksheet?

Excel Query

      26th May 2009
For example if I have "Birthday" column in one of my worksheet and I want to
set up a reminder for upcoming birthday. How can I do that in Excel.

Ron@Buy

      26th May 2009
For a visual reminder how about using conditional formatting ??

"Ron@Buy" wrote:

> For a visual reminder how about using conditional formatting ??
>
> "Excel Query" wrote:
>
> > For example if I have "Birthday" column in one of my worksheet and I want to
> > set up a reminder for upcoming birthday. How can I do that in Excel.

How can I use the conditional formatting? Can you explain me step by step
please?

Excel Query

      26th May 2009

"Ron@Buy" wrote:

> For a visual reminder how about using conditional formatting ??
>
> "Excel Query" wrote:
>
> > For example if I have "Birthday" column in one of my worksheet and I want to
> > set up a reminder for upcoming birthday. How can I do that in Excel.

How can I use the conditional formatting? Can you explain me step by step
please?

steve h

      26th May 2009
if you are using 2007 select cell with birthday select conditional format
from home ribbon, select format only cells that contain, in first selection
box select dates occurring, in the second select today, set format required
and OK
hope this helps
steve

"steve h" wrote:

> if you are using 2007 select cell with birthday select conditional format
> from home ribbon, select format only cells that contain, in first selection
> box select dates occurring, in the second select today, set format required
> and OK
> hope this helps
> steve
>
> "Excel Query" wrote:
>
> > For example if I have "Birthday" column in one of my worksheet and I want to
> > set up a reminder for upcoming birthday. How can I do that in Excel.

Thank you. I was able to do that by conditional formatting. thanks again

Excel Query

      26th May 2009