PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

How can I set the default New Slide layout?

 
 
TJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Jan 2010
I asked this on 1/4/10, and I was wondering if someone could help out?
Please. And thank you!

In PPT 2007, how can I set a default so that choosing "New Slide" will always
be a specific master/specific layout.

Or, what is PPT's logic in choosing what layout gets applied to the New
Slide command?

I have a master I have developed and every time I choose New Slide, I get
the 2 column layout, which is maddening because I most frequently use the
single column layout.

Thanks!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Echo S
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Jan 2010
This is highly unusual. In fact, usually people are asking how to get this
to happen, not the other way around!

Only thing I can think is that you added placeholders to the Title and
Content slide so it looks like it's a 2-column layout.

I'm happy to spend a minute or two looking at your file and see if I can
spot anything. Email it to echos at indy dot net and include the text of
your question post so I can remember what I'm looking at.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx


"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I asked this on 1/4/10, and I was wondering if someone could help out?
> Please. And thank you!
>
> In PPT 2007, how can I set a default so that choosing "New Slide" will
> always
> be a specific master/specific layout.
>
> Or, what is PPT's logic in choosing what layout gets applied to the New
> Slide command?
>
> I have a master I have developed and every time I choose New Slide, I get
> the 2 column layout, which is maddening because I most frequently use the
> single column layout.
>
> Thanks!
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Wilson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Jan 2010
AFAIK when you add a new slide without specifying the layout you either get
as Echo said single column text OR the last layout specified. Two column is
then unusual!

You can influence the layout of the first slide by saving a slide with that
layout as Blank.potx, that might be worth a shot.
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html






"TJ" wrote:

> I asked this on 1/4/10, and I was wondering if someone could help out?
> Please. And thank you!
>
> In PPT 2007, how can I set a default so that choosing "New Slide" will always
> be a specific master/specific layout.
>
> Or, what is PPT's logic in choosing what layout gets applied to the New
> Slide command?
>
> I have a master I have developed and every time I choose New Slide, I get
> the 2 column layout, which is maddening because I most frequently use the
> single column layout.
>
> Thanks!
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Filipe C
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Oct 2010
I was having the same problem and decided to tinker a little with the layouts' order in Show -> Master slide.

I discovered that, in my case, the default was always the second layout in a given theme (think of it being the third slide in a presentation). I just swapped the layout I wanted for that one and it became the default layout.

By looking that the included themes, it seems PowerPoint assumes the first layout will be the Title Slide, the second will be Title and Content, the third, Section Title and so on.

So, although you can't specify which slide will be the default, it's a pretty sure bet to make the second layout the one you want to be the default.

Hope this helps!

FilipeC

> On Friday, January 15, 2010 6:39 PM TJ wrote:


> I asked this on 1/4/10, and I was wondering if someone could help out?
> Please. And thank you!
>
> In PPT 2007, how can I set a default so that choosing "New Slide" will always
> be a specific master/specific layout.
>
> Or, what is PPT's logic in choosing what layout gets applied to the New
> Slide command?
>
> I have a master I have developed and every time I choose New Slide, I get
> the 2 column layout, which is maddening because I most frequently use the
> single column layout.
>
> Thanks!



>> On Friday, January 15, 2010 9:24 PM Echo S wrote:


>> This is highly unusual. In fact, usually people are asking how to get this
>> to happen, not the other way around!
>>
>> Only thing I can think is that you added placeholders to the Title and
>> Content slide so it looks like it is a 2-column layout.
>>
>> I am happy to spend a minute or two looking at your file and see if I can
>> spot anything. Email it to echos at indy dot net and include the text of
>> your question post so I can remember what I am looking at.
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx



>>> On Saturday, January 16, 2010 3:24 AM John Wilson wrote:


>>> AFAIK when you add a new slide without specifying the layout you either get
>>> as Echo said single column text OR the last layout specified. Two column is
>>> then unusual!
>>>
>>> You can influence the layout of the first slide by saving a slide with that
>>> layout as Blank.potx, that might be worth a shot.
>>> --
>>> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>>>
>>> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
>>> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "TJ" wrote:



>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>> Flat file Database with LINQ and ASP.NET jQuery Page Methods
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...e-methods.aspx

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where do you set transitions within a slide (not slide to slide? =?Utf-8?B?bXc=?= Microsoft Powerpoint 1 11th Jun 2007 04:47 AM
Can I begin a slide show with a slide other than the first slide? =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?= Microsoft Powerpoint 3 21st Feb 2007 04:44 PM
Can I change the number of a slide from Slide #5 to Slide #5A? =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFdoaXRsb2Nr?= Microsoft Powerpoint 2 29th Aug 2006 12:01 AM
New slide shows in Slide Sorter view but not in Slide show =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBLLg==?= Microsoft Powerpoint 3 12th Aug 2005 12:09 AM
power point and copying a slide in to another slide, making 7 miniatures within a specific slide =?Utf-8?B?cm9nZ2llNTc=?= Microsoft Powerpoint 1 28th Nov 2003 09:12 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:46 PM.