Can "send messages" last longer than 60 seconds?

=?Utf-8?B?cmljaGF0Y3Q=?=

      27th Jul 2005
In terminal services manager on server 2000, when you go to right click on a
logged in user and hit "Send Message", is there any reg hack or setting that
I can configure to keep the message from dissappearing from the sendee's view
after 60 seconds?

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBOYWxs?=

      29th Jul 2005
Through TSAdmin, I'm not aware of any setting. BUT!

There are a few different ways of doing this.

1) Easy. From a command line use MSG. There is a /w switch that
indefinitely displays the message to the target user.

2) Risky. Use NET SEND from a command line.

3) Geeky. The API call to send a TS specific message does have a timeout
property. I had the exact opposite problem you are experiencing in some code
I put together. The API call is TSSendMessage and is documented at this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...endmessage.asp

Cheers,

Jeff

"richatct" wrote:

> In terminal services manager on server 2000, when you go to right click on a
> logged in user and hit "Send Message", is there any reg hack or setting that
> I can configure to keep the message from dissappearing from the sendee's view
> after 60 seconds?

=?Utf-8?B?cmljaGF0Y3Q=?=

      29th Jul 2005
*Sigh* , I'm looking to do this in a gui format, so I'm looking at your 3rd
option - but unfortunately I dont speak or write code - so I wont be able to
edit the default time out - so thank you anyways for the good information.

-Rich