PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

can I scan a image into a word 2010 document?

 
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      28th Nov 2009

can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have OCR
built in?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
john
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      30th Nov 2009


"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> The information in the following article on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
> website applies equally to 2010
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm
>
> Office 2010 does have OCR Built In, but may not be activated by default.
> The steps for activating it are the same as for 2007 and are as detailed on
> the following website
>
> http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/
>
> --
> Hope this helps.
>
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> services on a paid consulting basis.
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have OCR
> > built in?

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
john
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      30th Nov 2009
I just installed Office 2010 Beta, but could not find the OCR feature (MODI)
as described in the referred Office 2007 article.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> The information in the following article on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
> website applies equally to 2010
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm
>
> Office 2010 does have OCR Built In, but may not be activated by default.
> The steps for activating it are the same as for 2007 and are as detailed on
> the following website
>
> http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/
>
> --
> Hope this helps.
>
> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> services on a paid consulting basis.
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have OCR
> > built in?

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      1st Dec 2009
As I said, the steps for activating it in Office 2010 are the same as for
2007 and are as detailed on
the following website

http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/



--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on
a paid professional basis.

"john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just installed Office 2010 Beta, but could not find the OCR feature
>(MODI)
> as described in the referred Office 2007 article.
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> The information in the following article on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
>> website applies equally to 2010
>>
>> http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm
>>
>> Office 2010 does have OCR Built In, but may not be activated by default.
>> The steps for activating it are the same as for 2007 and are as detailed
>> on
>> the following website
>>
>> http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have
>> > OCR
>> > built in?

>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
TriBuck
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th May 2010
The current Office 2010 beta does not have a change option. Just an
uninstall. I am still searching for our answer as well...

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> As I said, the steps for activating it in Office 2010 are the same as for
> 2007 and are as detailed on
> the following website
>
> http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/
>
>
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>
> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on
> a paid professional basis.
>
> "john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just installed Office 2010 Beta, but could not find the OCR feature
> >(MODI)
> > as described in the referred Office 2007 article.
> >
> > "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> The information in the following article on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
> >> website applies equally to 2010
> >>
> >> http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm
> >>
> >> Office 2010 does have OCR Built In, but may not be activated by default.
> >> The steps for activating it are the same as for 2007 and are as detailed
> >> on
> >> the following website
> >>
> >> http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
> >> services on a paid consulting basis.
> >>
> >> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> > can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have
> >> > OCR
> >> > built in?
> >>

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th May 2010

The RTM does have a Change Option.

I do not know if you will be able to to a Custom Install (or any Install for
that matter) of the Beta after you Uninstall it.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"TriBuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The current Office 2010 beta does not have a change option. Just an
> uninstall. I am still searching for our answer as well...
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> As I said, the steps for activating it in Office 2010 are the same as for
>> 2007 and are as detailed on
>> the following website
>>
>> http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>
>> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
>> on
>> a paid professional basis.
>>
>> "john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I just installed Office 2010 Beta, but could not find the OCR feature
>> >(MODI)
>> > as described in the referred Office 2007 article.
>> >
>> > "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> The information in the following article on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
>> >> website applies equally to 2010
>> >>
>> >> http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm
>> >>
>> >> Office 2010 does have OCR Built In, but may not be activated by
>> >> default.
>> >> The steps for activating it are the same as for 2007 and are as
>> >> detailed
>> >> on
>> >> the following website
>> >>
>> >> http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Hope this helps.
>> >>
>> >> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> >> services on a paid consulting basis.
>> >>
>> >> Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com
>> >>
>> >> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >> > can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010
>> >> > have
>> >> > OCR
>> >> > built in?
>> >>

>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 37
 
      10th Jun 2011
Hi,

Microsoft OneNote is an application that provides OCR functionality and it is included in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 versions. You can simply drop scanned images into a Microsoft OneNote notebook and select the ‘Make Text in Image Searchable’ option from the context menu. Then selecting the language with which the document was encoded in. You can then copy the text into a word processing application like Microsoft Word to continue with the editing and formatting of the extracted information. get more information about Microsoft Office 2010 Ocr Hope this helps you.


 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
 
      2nd Dec 2011
This did the trick... thank you Kristain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristain View Post
Hi,

Microsoft OneNote is an application that provides OCR functionality and it is included in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 versions. You can simply drop scanned images into a Microsoft OneNote notebook and select the ‘Make Text in Image Searchable’ option from the context menu. Then selecting the language with which the document was encoded in. You can then 'Copy Text from Picture' and 'Paste' it into a word processing application like Microsoft Word to continue with the editing and formatting of the extracted information. get more information about Microsoft Office 2010 Ocr Hope this helps you.

 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
      4th Apr 2012
I tried the suggestions described below, but was unsuccessful, not sure if having Office 2010 Professional version is the problem. I did find this link to a video describing how to use the InsertScannerImage using shortcut keys. Best of luck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHb0iEkSHE
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Access 2010 Forms - Converting 2007 Client into 2010 Web Tom van Stiphout Microsoft Access Form Coding 0 26th Mar 2010 03:03 PM
RE: Access 2010 Forms - Converting 2007 Client into 2010 Web Maurice Microsoft Access Form Coding 0 26th Mar 2010 02:48 PM
Scan multiple pages into one Word 2010 document mcp111 Microsoft Word Document Management 1 10th Feb 2010 07:48 AM
Re: can I scan a image into a word 2010 document? Doug Robbins - Word MVP Microsoft Word Document Management 0 28th Nov 2009 07:20 AM
Viruse scan program freezes at different points durring scan even durring scan from symantec website. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?= Windows XP Performance 0 30th Oct 2003 01:21 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:41 AM.