how can i save a publisher 2007 web site to expression web?

alex44

      9th Feb 2008
trying to convert a website created in publisher 2007 to frontpage or
expression web -- what can I save the file as to keep from having to recreate
whole site.

Mark Fitzpatrick

      9th Feb 2008
Save the file as .htm. All FP or Expression Web can work with are the HTML
code and the flattened images to put into it really. No web editor will
handle a Publisher File so you'll have to export everything just as if you
were having publisher create your final page.

There's a problem though, Publisher creates horrible, horrible HTML code.
Like similar tools, Publisher is designed for desktop publishing and not for
web design. Hence, it produces horrible code just like the similar tools do.
You may end up re-designing a lot of things in EW or FP anyways. You'll also
want to check your publisher site in other browsers because there's a good
chance it isn't going to be nice.

--
Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

"alex44" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> trying to convert a website created in publisher 2007 to frontpage or
> expression web -- what can I save the file as to keep from having to
> recreate
> whole site.

Ronx

      9th Feb 2008
The best you can do with a Publisher web page is start over.
Open the page in Publisher, not a browser, and create a new page in
FrontPage or Expression Web. Copy/paste large chunks of text from the
Publisher page into you new FrontPage/EW page. Use the original
graphics.
Don't use a browser for the copy/paste since a lot of the text may
actually be images (especially if your browser is FireFox or Opera).
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp