How can I reset the ink level on printer properties?

JSW

      23rd Nov 2003
I've pulled out the cartridge when it says it was empty and then put it back
in cos it did not feel empty, it is now empty and i have replaced it by
turning off the printer and taking the top cover off. But now the ink says
its 3/4 full, how can i reset it?

John

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      23rd Nov 2003
How to reset the ink level guage after refilling
http://www.misterinkjet.com/reset5657.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"JSW" <jswilko@F***_OFF_SPAMMERShotmail.com> wrote in message:
news:bpq8fv$ho5$(E-Mail Removed)...

| I've pulled out the cartridge when it says it was empty and then put it back
| in cos it did not feel empty, it is now empty and i have replaced it by
| turning off the printer and taking the top cover off. But now the ink says
| its 3/4 full, how can i reset it?
|
| John

tomcas

      23rd Nov 2003
What's the make and model printer . It's not clear what you are trying to
do. Are you saying you put a new full cartridge in but the level reads only
3/4 full?

"JSW" <jswilko@F***_OFF_SPAMMERShotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bpq8fv$ho5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've pulled out the cartridge when it says it was empty and then put it

back
> in cos it did not feel empty, it is now empty and i have replaced it by
> turning off the printer and taking the top cover off. But now the ink says
> its 3/4 full, how can i reset it?
>
> John

JSW

      23rd Nov 2003
Yes thats whats happening.
Its a Epson C20UX

John

"tomcas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:au3wb.16205$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the make and model printer . It's not clear what you are trying to
> do. Are you saying you put a new full cartridge in but the level reads

only
> 3/4 full?
>
> "JSW" <jswilko@F***_OFF_SPAMMERShotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:bpq8fv$ho5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've pulled out the cartridge when it says it was empty and then put it

> back
> > in cos it did not feel empty, it is now empty and i have replaced it by
> > turning off the printer and taking the top cover off. But now the ink

says
> > its 3/4 full, how can i reset it?
> >
> > John

      23rd Nov 2003
Dear Anonymouse

Most printers dont have a level sensor in them to tell
you how much ink is in the cartrige. I just gives an
estimate of what it thinks is in there. (winning the
lottery is better chances lol)But you can go into your
preferences and tell it that it has a new cartridge and
it will compensate for the lack of difference. To my
knoledge and I have been selling electronic equipment for
around 3 years. hope that helps This comes from the
lexmark prints idea. But should be accross the board for
most systems somewhere in there preferences settings.
good luck

Michael