How can I rename an original database

DonnaGale

      22nd Sep 2009
In Access 2007 I need to change the name of my database. I'm just getting
started with Access and I haven't been able to find any information on this
at all. Please, could somebody help me.

Thank you,
DonnaGale

Mr. B

      22nd Sep 2009
Just use the Windows Explorer and rename the file as you would with any other
file.

-----
HTH
Mr. B
http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/
Doctor Access Downloads Page:
http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/DownloadPage.htm

"DonnaGale" wrote:

> In Access 2007 I need to change the name of my database. I'm just getting
> started with Access and I haven't been able to find any information on this
> at all. Please, could somebody help me.
>
> Thank you,
> DonnaGale

DonnaGale

      22nd Sep 2009
Thank you Mr. B, but I've never had to name another file before. I'm pretty
new with this computer stuff.
Thanks again,
DonnaGale

"Mr. B" wrote:

> Just use the Windows Explorer and rename the file as you would with any other
> file.
>
> -----
> HTH
> Mr. B
> http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/
> Doctor Access Downloads Page:
> http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/DownloadPage.htm
>

> "DonnaGale" wrote:
>
> > In Access 2007 I need to change the name of my database. I'm just getting
> > started with Access and I haven't been able to find any information on this
> > at all. Please, could somebody help me.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > DonnaGale

Richard

      23rd Sep 2009
Donna,

Right click on the file, scroll down the menu until you see "rename" in the
list.

"DonnaGale" wrote:

> Thank you Mr. B, but I've never had to name another file before. I'm pretty
> new with this computer stuff.
> Thanks again,
> DonnaGale
>
> "Mr. B" wrote:
>
> > Just use the Windows Explorer and rename the file as you would with any other
> > file.
> >
> > -----
> > HTH
> > Mr. B
> > http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/
> > Doctor Access Downloads Page:
> > http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/DownloadPage.htm
> >

> > "DonnaGale" wrote:
> >
> > > In Access 2007 I need to change the name of my database. I'm just getting
> > > started with Access and I haven't been able to find any information on this
> > > at all. Please, could somebody help me.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > DonnaGale

Mr. B

      23rd Sep 2009
DonnaGale,

First, let me appologize for my very short and ill thought out answer. I
should have taken the time to respond as I would have want someone to respond
to any question that I might have.

This has served as a reminder to me that I need to be much more considerate
of others here and their questions.

Again I sincerely appologize.

Now, if you have not been able to accomplish your goal, if you will post
back, I will be more that happy to try to assist you.