can I remove white background from images in word 2007

Gwyn@Emerald

      27th Sep 2008
I inserted a PDF into a word document but the image now as a white background
can i remove this with tools in word 2007.
Regards,
Gwyn

Graham Mayor

      27th Sep 2008
No

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Gwyn@Emerald wrote:
> I inserted a PDF into a word document but the image now as a white
> background can i remove this with tools in word 2007.
> Regards,
> Gwyn

Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)

      27th Sep 2008
I don't think so.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Gwyn@Emerald" <Gwyn@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I inserted a PDF into a word document but the image now as a white background
> can i remove this with tools in word 2007.
> Regards,
> Gwyn

New Member

      9th Nov 2008
If its a picture you are talking about with a white background, the only thing you can do is to remove the white background in Photoshop so that the background is transparent, and save it as a .png file. Once done you can import this image into Word and it will not have the white background. That's the only solution I think mate. Let me know if that's what you were talking about.

New Member

      11th Oct 2010
Yes its simple, select your image, go to the picture tool (format) tab.
Top left of this tab is an option called recolour, hover over this and at the bottom of the box is "set transparent colour" click this then the background and 'POOF!' SIMPLEZ