Can receive email but cannot send

suthngal

      12th Jan 2010

Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.windstream.net', Server:
'smtp.windstream.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Sender is
restricted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
0x800CCC78

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

      12th Jan 2010
That's a proprietary error message from the mail server. It appears
that your ISP has restricted your account.
Contact Windstream support for help:
http://www.windstream.com/support/?tab=5

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"suthngal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.windstream.net', Server:
> 'smtp.windstream.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Sender is
> restricted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC78

emaxson

      12th Jan 2010
I'm having the same problem, for 2 days in a row! I have worked with the
server for hours, and everything on my account is as it should be, so they
suggested I contact MS. I am using Vista and Windows Mail. It will work for
a while and then poof! it's gone. I cannot send mail and here is the error
message I am receiving:

The rejected e-mail address was '(E-Mail Removed)'. Subject 'Fw: Smart
Women', Account: 'pop-server.tx.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tx.rr.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 Outbound mail refused - 76.186.60.41 -
See http://help.rr.com/outboundemail [R0209004]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 452, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
--
HELP!!
emaxson

Shawn McPherson

      12th Jan 2010

"Shawn McPherson" wrote: The connection to the server has failed. Subject '
I'm done with house league', Account: 'pop.mcphersonsphotography.com',
Server: 'smtp.mcphersonsphotography.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

My email won't send anything out. I have no idea why. It's just super
annoying. Let me know what I need to do please.

> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > That's a proprietary error message from the mail server. It appears
> > that your ISP has restricted your account.
> > Contact Windstream support for help:
> > http://www.windstream.com/support/?tab=5
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen
> >

> > "suthngal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> > > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> > > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> > >
> > > Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.windstream.net', Server:
> > > 'smtp.windstream.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Sender is
> > > restricted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
> > > 0x800CCC78

> > .

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

      12th Jan 2010
The main problem is that Roadrunner support is incompetent.
The error message is clearly generated by a policy decision at the
Roadrunner mail server. There is no setting in Windows Mail to
compensate for that. Until you can talk Roadrunner into fixing their problem,
about all you can do is send via webmail, or a free Gmail account.

--

"emaxson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having the same problem, for 2 days in a row! I have worked with the
> server for hours, and everything on my account is as it should be, so they
> suggested I contact MS. I am using Vista and Windows Mail. It will work for
> a while and then poof! it's gone. I cannot send mail and here is the error
> message I am receiving:
>
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was '(E-Mail Removed)'. Subject 'Fw: Smart
> Women', Account: 'pop-server.tx.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tx.rr.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 Outbound mail refused - 76.186.60.41 -
> See http://help.rr.com/outboundemail [R0209004]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Server Error: 452, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
> --
> HELP!!
> emaxson

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

      12th Jan 2010
Mcphersonsphotography.com is not your ISP. As such, your home
ISP will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their
own. For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/P..._Blocking.aspx

To send from home, you will have to substitute your home ISP's
SMTP server. If you need help with that, let us know who your
home ISP is.